Monday, September 11, 2006

Rereading

I had been writing a blogpost on the 8th, but I decided that it was more personal and less interpersonal so I didn't really see the reason for putting it up on my blog in the end. Oh well, the first eternal draft.

After reading a number of blogs, I begun to reread a number of blogs I regularly visit, and look once again at what they are writing about. As my bro says, the way he judges the sword designs he draws out is to not touch them for 3 days, then look at it again. It is always with the second look that flaws, beauties, and the occasional 'wtf is this' come out.

But let's not talk about the blogs I've reread, but rather at the people that showed me that I have to reread the blogs of these friends.

Sir is a respectable and knowledgeable person, and one inspiring at that. We all love the way he teaches, though rather unconventional yet still effective, and also how he also talks about stories with us during lessontime, teaching life lessons instead of concepts. He is in no way untalented, and in every way he shows how he cares for us, guiding us not only educationally but also bringing us along the route of life.

At this point of time I'm assuming that readers from 3.9 would have two possible candidates as to whom this Sir is. And as ownage as he is, he's not Brian Chirnside simply because Brian Chirnside does not teach us. I'd like him to be my teacher one day though, there's just that aura of own surrounding him. And I can go to him whenever I need practise, hahaha.

Now, let's look at these two Sirs. Both are as stated above. Both go around sneakily reading the blogs of us, the students. And both are ownage. Then where do they differ apart from the subjects they teach? That's the interesting part. One wants to stay in teaching because it's his calling, and one has been disillusioned by the system and wants to leave after a short two years here. While the latter is slight exaggeration on my part, the basic truth is still there mostly.

Why the dissimilarity in such an important area? Who knows. T'is but mere food for thought in the grand scheme of life.

No comments: