Monday, January 18, 2010

A few years down from the past

I find that now, a few years down the road, I've slowly begun to lose my touch on writing and thought.

I can't tell when this happened to me. 2009? 2008? 2007? If I had to say, it would probably be 2009 or mid 2008. It's surprising really - the number of blogposts titled 'Conversations' or 'Tales' just dwindled down to nearly zero this year. But there is something I know.

People write stories for a reason - either intentional or unintentional, like inspiration. I've had my share of both, as I'm sure most writers would, but of the recent year I've had nothing suddenly come to my head that I could write a whole story on, nor have I had any compelling message to push to others that I would write a whole story.

At this point I cannot exactly tell what it was I sacrificed my writing and thought in order to gain. Responsibility? Academic 'success'?

Sigh. It's rather difficult to believe that you were smarter in the past but somehow that's happening to me. AND just before NS. This can't be good.

No comments: