Thursday, November 18, 2004

Bu Dao Hui

Whee, today's the rest day! (Remember 22A Chiltern Drive.)

Monday: Went with Mike, ZQ, Gid, Kevvy Wong, Mr.Poon and Gwinny to Orchard Cineleisure yesterday to watch The Incredibles. Nice movie, but it's a really big parody of the Fantastic 4. There's also this huge figurine (I've forgotten the exact term) of the director of LotR over there. Gwin and Gid were commenting on how much it looked like a slimmer Michael Moore.

After that, we headed to Burger King. New thing I learnt: Never challenge the drink first thing.

After that? Off to bowling! Yeah right. Darn thing was closed, so we headed to the arcade. SOMEBODY wanted to go to the KBox, but we decided not to for fear of being kicked out because of someone's performance.

As I said, we headed for the arcade. Wanted to try out the DDR Machine, but too many girls were trying, so I just looked from the side. Oh well. I guess it's still SM for me. =)

Gwin and I wanted to challenge each other on Garou: Mark of the Wolves, with the typical Freeman vs. Terry match, but noo, the machine just had to be problematic. We also wanted to try out Time Crisis 2, but noo, so many people were playing. Btw, Mike, that's not how you play it. The guy next to Mike, though... amazing. That's the 2nd time I've ever seen a person beat the game. Oh well, so much for Gwin and I.

In the end, what were the two of us reduced to? Darn hockey-thingammo game. He beat me 13-9 (or 8, I've forgotten.). Argh.

Walked around looking at others, and then I came back to see Mike, Zhang, Gid and Poonie playing Daytona-forgot the title. Gid was the maniac, Poonie was the safe, Zhang was the speedster and Mike was the other safey. Meh, among them, only Zhang and Poonie knew how to drive for nuts.

Then? Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, arcade-style! Gid chose Zhu-Ge Liang, I chose Zhang Fei. I ended up dying quicker, but got 4x the score Gid got. IOW, Gid = more conservative. Meh. Gwin took a round on it too, lasted about as long as me. There was this other guy playing it, he was quite good.

Then? DOA! I went on it, and beat Mr.Poon 5-4 because I went easy on him the 8th round just so I could have a close match. Lesson I learnt: Don't talk to people while playing. Distracts you and costs you the game with ZQ. Argh, I would've beat him, 'cept I was talking to Gwin during the waiting game. So, I asked Mike to beat him so I could play Mike. What did Mike do? Lose 5-3. Sad and pathetic. What did he do? Challenge him again. Oh well, didn't bother to check the score that time, because I was looking at my bro play Virtual One!

Virtual One is something like your Gundam 3-D Battle game. My bro got past the 1st round and died at the 2nd. The 2nd Mecha looks like Elly (Elly Van Houten, if you still don't know, Xenogears.)'s Vierge, being pink and having hearts fly around.

Came back and accepted a challenge by Poonie to SF3 Alpha. Beat him because his controls were faulty. Didn't know how to play the game, so I decided to lose the challenger fight against E. Honda. I went over to take a look at what the opponent looked like: IT WAS A DARN 10-11 YEAR OLD KID!~ Argh, felt angry at myself for losing to someone like that, even though I did it on purpose. Oh well...

Left the arcade and headed to Newton MRT. Gwin and I were joking about going into Waffletown at that weird place. ...been a long time since I went there. Fond memories. Been a long time since I ate waffles, too. ...sad.

Took a break at 7-11, where Gid was commenting on how the condoms never had any price tags on them. I was asking Gwin if Mel'd kill me for buying Hello Kitty games for her. Gwin said she would, so I asked him if Sis (Who is 24 and married, if you're wondering) would kill me for buying Hello Kitty games for her. Gwin told me that life was meant to be enjoyed and not wasted in 13 years. Guess he's right.

Headed into ACSP, where I got a pack of cards from Poonie. Headed in Media Club room, kinda the 6HIan's 'territory'. Played Tai Ti with Gwin, Zhang, and Mike. Mike sucks, otherwise Zhang and Gwin were good. Mr.Poon took over Zhang at times, and he's really good at Tai Ti. Oh well. None of them know how to play River Poker.

Gwin says he'll never go with my friends if Michael's coming. Who can blame him? Michael wanted to sing.

Headed home kinda late (6 or so). Hehe.

Tuesday & Wednesday: Bu Dao Hui Technical Run and Bu Dao Hui Full-Dress Rehersal. Never before has my throat desired water so badly. Which means I'm singing, not slacking. That's a good thing, considering there's 100 or so pages to sing. Luckily, it's over a span of 2 hours, so it isn't exactly hell, per se. On Wed, we saw a video of how we performed on Tuesday. My head shakes alot, ne. o_O Gwin, Fan Shi, Sam, Esther, Hui Yi, and the other two girls I've forgotten the names of were giggling slightly. But hey, if it isn't something to be ashamed of, it's something to be proud of! Gwin just concluded that I was kinda on crack.

Sam was wearing his graduation pants, which he's worn 3 times, Wednesday being his 3rd (He didn't wear it on Tuesday). I'm wearing SJAB Pants and Boots, Sam's wearing Graduation pants and NCC Air Boots, Gwin's just wearing black pants and black boots, Fan Shi's wearing Band Pants and Boots. Whee. Sam says that in Catholic High, their SJAB Boots have metal pieces at the base so it sounds louder when they stamp. Kinda o_O, don'tcha think.

I pity Si Jia. She has to wear this white dress that's so frilly it looks like those wedding gowns. Except she's 13. She also has to wear this gigantic biscuit-like thing that resembles a clock's face, since she's the Toki no Tenshi. What does Marcus have to wear? Schoolbag, T-shirt, and pants. And Marcus gets to drink water as part of the play! I want some water midway too. Geez.

Singing's fine, except on Wednesday where everyone screwed up the near-end of the final song. T'was a really interesting sight. How often do 50+ people synchronize screw-ups?

Whee, here's hoping I do well tomorrow and Saturday.

And here's also hoping my bro'll meet more of my friends.

... and here's also that Mike won't drive my brother away by singing.

... or maybe get better at it. Oh well. *cheers with Mug Beer*

No comments: