Thursday, December 07, 2006

Catching Up

Yes, it's been a long time since I blogged. You can kind of blame a number of stuff for it.

1. All the anime I bought at the Chuang Yi warehouse sale
2. All the manga I bought at the Chuang Yi warehouse sale
3. All the games I bought at Malaysia
4. Rappelz

To be exact, I bought 4 anime (2 for collection, 1 finished), 3 manga, and 12 games, so yeah, you can kinda tell what I've been doing.

Some of them really do do something to your head though. Watching Serial Experiments Lain and playing Xenosaga Ep. III first turned out to be a good thing, it really makes your mind think over the kind of issues they discuss.

Disgaea 2 on the other hand, is the exact same as Disgaea (Not that there's anything wrong with that), but sadly no one apart from Cleon and I know about the series, which is a waste.

Then there's FFXII which I have not touched in any way whatsoever because unlike Kwong and WH I have RPGs to play *ahem*. >_> But it's probably not as bad as X-2, so what's the issue. Even if FFXII turns out to be sucky, there's still FFXIII which seems to be pretty damn ownage from what's been seen (More than what's been seen of Halo 3, at least gameplay was showed >_>)

Couple that with Klow's post about music (Which really was more of a reminder than a particularly insightful piece, though credit must definitely be given to him for remembering such things), and you get the reasons why I haven't been blogging at all.

I realize that up till now, my writing has always been to convey ideas. The way I see it, writing is for ideas and music is for emotions. After all, it's not common that you hear of songs inspiring rallies and such, yet look at Mein Kampf, I have a Dream, and so on. Yet the plain form of text never really was too capable of conveying emotions without the transition into the physical realm, that of tone, drama, dance, song, and so forth.

I still have absolutely no idea why, but every single year I dream of singing Christmas carols with friends. Maybe it's because these simple songs can touch the hearts of so many. Maybe I just love Christmas and want to cherish my friends. Or maybe I want to convey the emotion of happiness to others.

But that dream has gone past 15 times, and probably will go past for a lot more times. So here I am in writing.

My ideas have always seemed better in my head than on words, and from the looks of it conveying emotion will go likewise. So what now? Practise isn't much of a word for omniperfectionists, so screw that.

Man, is this post a cry for help, a nostalgic reminiscence, or once again fragmentations?

No comments: