Saturday, April 05, 2008

いらっしゃい アイの庭, 今はここで おやすみ
未来(あした)は あなたが, 笑顔になるそんな世界へ・・・さぁ・・・

-------------------------------------------

Remember the times where you were just a little kid? I'm sure some of you do. The kind of happy life where you run around like a little kid (How apt) and be happy and the like. Relaxing on Saturday morning and lying around at home like the little kid you are.

Remember the times where you wish you would grow up? I'm sure some of you do. The time where you wish that you could quickly get out of the prison of Eden. That beautiful garden. Join the world of the adults so close yet so far. See the world from your parent's eyes. Be like your parents.

Remember the time when you actually grew up? You see the world in the new different light. A new world. What triggers this? Going out with friends frequently? Entering a new school and making new acquaintances? Leaving the nest of the previous school? Adolescence? Love? Hatred? A new worklife? In every case, the change of life around you. The gradual adaptation of a more rigorous schedule for you.

-------------------------------------------

さよなら アイの庭, 誰もが皆 旅人
未来(あした)は あなたが, また一歩踏み出せるように・・・さぁ・・・

-------------------------------------------

Every single day is monotonous to some. There's a lack of distinct motivations. What keeps them going? The fact that they've gotten so used to it they can pull it off without even feeling the need to be motivated to keep up?

Really, at times I'm not too sure. Sometimes it's the very fact that it's so darn busy that you can manage to focus on the very task at hand and end up doing well for exams and the like. I know at least one person whose power level is inversely proportionate to the amount of free time he has, ironically implying that he does better when he has less time to study.

It's no paradox and can be easily explained, of course. While I don't know if I fall into the above category, I do recall an interesting statement said to me earlier on.

"Hey, I just remembered you're one of those sad people without any free days."

I just realized at that point of time that he was right. And the scariest part was that I had seemingly assumed subconsciously that everyone else around was bogged down with a relatively tight schedule like me, going out pretty much every day whether to school or to church or to play (well, this is rare) or for other stuff like camps or work or projects and the like.

Really, it actually didn't occur to me that others had full free days. (I know he doesn't read this, but I apologize for saying the prior statement. It really wasn't a pun.) As much as I tended to complain to others whenever they talk about having free time and the like, it never went into my head that they actually had something called free time.

It's really quite the queer epiphany to have and I can't exactly figure out whether this is a good signal or a bad signal for me. You think?

Well, maybe you don't think. Nevermind about that, then.

-------------------------------------------

おかえり アイの庭、 いつもここで 待ってる
未来(あした)は あなたの 夢に届くそんな世界へ・・・きっと・・・

-------------------------------------------

Truth is that the three choruses appearing here and there are in the order 1,3,2 instead of the standard one. I sincerely have no idea why the chorus goes in the order of "Welcome", "Welcome back", and "Farewell" but slowly I think I come to understand.

誰もが皆 旅人

Everyone is a traveller, moving on from place to place. Soon enough this place will be gone, and the time we think about now flowing so slowly will be thought of in nothing but sepia.

Why is routine so psychologically routine? Why do people find themselves stuck monotonously in a cycle of seven? Why is it so taxing? More importantly, why is it so hard to escape?

Why so, even when everything keeps flowing and the cycle disappears before you know it?

It's 41 before. I question the usefulness of it all at times.

-------------------------------------------

Are these the best days of my life? Has it passed already? It is a pity I shall never know until it is too late.

さよなら アイの庭, 誰もが皆 旅人
未来(あした)は あなたが また一歩踏み出せるように・・・さぁ・・・

No comments: