Monday, May 19, 2008

Library

Library

-----------------------

I'm sitting across a girl silently doing up an EE proposal while a brainwave on how to solve
Question 5 of the Math Portfolio runs through my head. As she writes, the voice
of the new librarian (What was her name?) rings throughout the room, and cries of secondary
school students follow quickly after. The chaos fills the world around us; the desperate screams
of juniors being dragged out, the vain attempt to shush the public by student leaders, and
amidst all of the action going on she continues to do up her EE proposal for Literature. Her fingers keep flowing across the keyboard, and I just watch her.

The location has ceased to be conducive for work and the world around me hurtles but
yet time slows down around her. My head gets increasingly distracted by the rather apparent
noise pollution going on around here but across the table time flows smoothly, silently, slowly.
While everyone is screaming and shouting and running around the silent zone she continues to
type in the peace of her inner mind. I think I like her. I'd die for her.

A tornado has come in through the window and paperwork flies across the area yet the
situation is so bad that it causes no additional harm to the world around us. The apocalypse
is on its way, and while everyone around me is in hysteria I'm entranced in this truly silent
zone between the two of us, and my first thought is shit I forgot the solution thanks to staring at her I better get back to my Math Portfolio.

-----------------------

Referenced from Rosary (Pg 170, N.O.C.)

No comments: