Saturday, February 12, 2005

Arcade

Whee, went to the arcade, ACPS, and watched a movie yesterday. Also, I wanted to do this sometime, but I didn't remember, so now I am: Since Hellsing's over, I'll do a slight review on it. o_O

ACPS: Whee! everything's normal like usual! The teachers are fine, and Cleon's still scared of Mrs. Karen Wong. XD Ironic how Karen Wong and Kevin Wong seem the exact opposite. Anyway. Shaun, Kevin Wong, and Gid gave the teachers oranges, the rest just chatted around. Interestingly, in the mainstream, only a small group of S2s came. Oh wait, there was some S1 media club members who came back, but I think they're GEPs. For the GEPs, ACPS has P4 GEPs, P5 GEPs, P6 GEPs, S1 GEPs, S2 GEPs, S3 GEPs and S4 GEPs. Sharp contrast of sentimentality. XD Mr.Poon's still a nice teacher to hang around with. He was watching GEPpers Creepers and let us watch Kung Fu Rascal, what the Media Club team did this year.

After that, we swarmed the entire Media Club room with Mr.Poon's permission. Muahaha. We took out spare oranges, ate them, and took some tennis balls we found in the MC Room and wrapped the orange skin around them. It was even better since the tennis balls had smiley faces on them. Best thing is, it's a nearly perfect fit! But that's irrelevant. XD We went into Mr.Poon's class (5H) and interrupted his class. XD It was really fun. Then we went back to the MC room to continue wrecking havoc. I took a small toy guitar and started to pretend that I was I-No. XD Then we found two 2m-or-so poles and we played around with them. Well, usually it was just Mike, Cleon or I. Then we found wooden shortswords, and tried to use them too. Gid found lots of toy mallets and started throwing them around. We spoilt a few mallets. XD Then it was time to leave. We switched off the coms that the others were using and went to the canteen. I bought 3 waterbottles there because I didn't have any and I was going to play DDR later. Btw, it's 1 Ice Mountain and 2 Gatorade. Good thing I bought 3.

Plaza Sing: Ate at Burger King. Was tad full from drinking 1 cup of Bandung at school canteen. Also, was thinking I was mad for buying 3 bottles of water. Then, I bought a Mushroom Swiss Double Meal, and chatted a bit. The S1 GEPs were there, among others. I saw some S4s too at Plaza Sing.

Decided to head on first after eating and go with Mike and Zhang and go reviewing arcades (There were 3 at Plaza Sing, 1 on the Cinema Floor, one just below, and one at the Dhoby Ghaut Building.) So, we went to the first arcade (Below Cinema). Bad. Move on. 2nd Arcade (Cinema Floor). Not bad. Considering having games here. Small distance to Cinema, but has problems of old games. Mike and I head on to Zone X(Dhoby Ghaut building) first. Zhang goes to buy tickets. Takes 5 minutes to get to Zone X. XD. Zone X was further but had better games, so Mike and I decided on Zone X. So we head back to KFC, or should I say Rendezvous Point Alpha. No one was there. XD We decided everyone's at the arcades already. We head to the Arcade below the Cinema, only S1 GEP N00Bs were there. o_O. So we headed to the other arcade (Cinema Floor), and found JX, Cleon and Lou Ee. No Zhang, so Mike called him. Turns out he went to Zone X while we headed to Rendezvous Point Alpha. So we head to Zone X. Everyone's at Zone X!

Zone X: Decided to go with Wei Hua to play GGXX. Took a look at the current 2 people playing it. There was the fella who used Sol to thrash me last Sunday. He beat the other person.

"Hey, Herrick, we better not touch this guy. He's scary."
"Yeah, I think it's a better idea if we leave this area alone for a moment."

So we head over to Isuka. I used Chipp, he used Ky. I couldn't whack him at all because we were on different lines! And I didn't notice. XD Zhang interrupted, and used Sol. Died first thing. XD Then Ky beat me, since I'm not that good at Chipp.

I leave and decide to play Time Crisis 3 with JX. JX is a good aimer, but he shoots slower. I'm not as good an aimer, but I shoot a LOT faster. I had a 10k or so points more than JX when I died. He held on for a tad longer, and beat me in score. I didn't make it past Stage 1, btw. I died at the last part, just before taking the boss face-on. JX lived a short while there before dying too. XD

Took a look at the Isuka machine to see Wei Hua fighting with May. I think he was fighting Jam or Bridget. He wasn't faring too well, but beat them, I think.

After that, tried DDR. First, Ever Snow. Did not play 1.5x music, and nearly died for that mistake. That, and I wasn't good enough. XD Then, tried Tsugaru. Heard Zhang laugh, lost concentration, confusing part comes, kaboom, dead. XD Failed on Tsugaru, so I didn't want to try Max 300 after that. Can pass Ever Snow and Maximum Overdrive on Heavy with a D. Hey, better than nothing. Kev and Zhang were with me.

Zhang: Herrick, stop being so violent on the pad. This isn't FIGHT! FIGHT! REVOLUTION!!!
Me: o_O

Headed back to GGXX and tried one round with Ky. The Sol user was gone, so I played in peace. Died at Zappa. Sad. -_-

Then, headed over to Isuka. I see Michael (Green Testament), Kevin Low (Purple Testament), Zhang Quan (Bridget) and Wei Hua (Jam) duking it out. First, Kevin Low died, then Zhang, then Michael. A winnar is Wei Hua! Then I took over Kevin Low, and fought Zhang and Wei Hua. Beat Zhang and lost to Wei Hua. Sad, I was using Ky too. =(

Tried the DDR Machine. Tried some standard songs, passed with ease. Then tried Max 300 on Standard, died badly. Can't get past the first confusing section. o_O Some guy was looking at me, most likely seeing how good I was.

Went back to GGXX and saw a person playing Slayer. Not too good, not too bad. Took him on.

1st round: Lost with him at 1/4 life.
2nd round: Won with me at unviewable life.
3rd round: Lost with unviewable life.

Went over and gave him the thumbs-up. He looked quite surprised at first, and we chatted a bit. He said he started recently and didn't have much experience. I told him most people who used Slayer were pros. He didn't know that. XD

Went over to the DDR machine and saw that guy playing. Cleon and I decided to take a look. First played Light, so we thought he wasn't that good. XD Then he went and turned the difficulty to Heavy to play. IOW, he played because he only wanted to play 3 stages. He's good, too. -_-'

Went back to the Isuka area. They had just ended a game, so I asked whether anyone was up for the Daytona. Zhang, Mike, Kevin Wong and Cleon joined me. Kevin Wong didn't play, he was just a spectator. Just before starting, we saw Ellius. o_O Scawy. Anyway, 1st round: 4th. 2nd round: 3rd. (Wei Hua joined at this point) 3rd Round: 3rd. 4th round: 2nd. 5th Round: 2nd. 6th Round: 5th. o_O

Went to the DDR Machine and saw Mr.Poon. Asked him whether he wanted to see me play DDR. He just had to bring everyone along to see me. Sad. Played Ever Snow Standard, then Candy (Heart) Standard, then Paranoia Rebirth on Light. Cleon and Wei Hua thought I was insane on this point. Then I B'd it. XD to them. I had a 100 combo, too. Then Wei Hua wanted me to try Trip Machine. So I did. Forgot to change it to Standard, though, so Trip Machine Light was ultra easy. The other guy from just now came over at this point and inserted a credit. Then as my final song, I scrolled through and saw Paranoia Evolution. Cool, never seen that one before. C or B'd it. Not sure. Then left for the Cinemas. I bet that other guy was wondering why my friends were cheering for me even though I was playing ultra-easy songs. Why? They've never seen a guy play DDR before on Standard or even Light. XD

Cinema: Saw Michael Chee, Darren Low and other person there. Dude, them? *Darren Low's the person who was... with Cleon's waterbottle, defiling it.* They're like the most obnoxious GEP people I know. At least Justin Tan is conversable with. These people are seriously just sad. I don't see why they're GEPs in the first place. Well, they were going about how the people at C7-9 were going to get 0wnz'd by them (Their seats were S7-9) throwing stuff down. Sad. Went over to watch Constantine. Nachos are nice. Nachos with Cheese is nicer. =) Cleon's a nice person to talk to, not a nice person to be with in the movies. At least the person next to me is JX, and he's usually a silent fella. =)

Midway: BURP
Midway: Hey, I just realized that kid looks like Frodo!

I'm fine with his occasional talking, I'm not fine with the burping and stuff. Well, let's just put it as retribution for accidentally spilling his Nachos. Oh well, better than Gid by far. =) At least from what I heard from Mike and Zhang, anyway. o_O

Constantine is an interesting movie to watch, Biblical irrelevance aside. The story's pretty interesting. What I didn't like is how the movie, in the later parts, was basically reduced to something like a game between Heaven and Hell. I mean, wow, the wager between Heaven and Hell is on Earth. Why did they have that wager? For fun. Wow, what a nice way of resolving stuff. I liked how neither side was portrayed as good or evil. Way to go for destroying stereotypes. Well, this is from an not-including-biblical-ideas right now and strictly as a normal movie. Including biblical truths, this is just so full of unbiblical lies that it isn't funny. Well, just my idea.

JX and I left the cinema first, and didn't wait for the last part. Ended up waiting for 5-10 minutes or so. Man, that was boring. All that happened was that Constantine's sidekick became an angel. o_O

Most people ended here, but Kev, Gid and I had OM shopping to do.

Shopping: We headed over to Spotlight to buy stuff. Ended up with 2 2m poles, glue, feathers, curtain rings and pole joints. Cost 40-50 total. Gid needs to give me the receipt sometime soon.

Headed back by MRT.

MRT: Gid keeps going about with the jerk magnet (The 2m pole) and pointing at me and Kev. Then when Kevin talks about how he's pointing at himself on the other side of the jerk magnet, he makes sure he doesn't point at himself next time. That's normal and fine, until he starts flying into Kev and I saying the jerk factor is too strong. Then I took the pole from him in hopes that he would stop the jerk magnet. Then his hand becomes the jerk magnet. I give up. Then when I pass it to him, he refuses to take it back. Then I tell him he didn't want to give it to me in the first place because he didn't trust me with he. Then he took it away from me and started going about how I would become anime-man if I had it with me and start drawing katanas and fling it around like a mad freak.

Then when we finally get onto the MRT (after lots of constant mockery from Gid about how I should be taking this MRT line instead of the other), he keeps mocking me again and trying to get me off the MRT each stop. Really annoying going back with Gid, especially since he kept going about calling me a stickophile for glaring at the 2m pole which he tries to hit me with. Then he turns his back on me and farts as well. Then I tell him it stinks and he says it's my fault that my face is in his ass. Then he suddenly calls me an arseophile. *sigh* That was a very sad trip. He went off at Dover and I went off at Clementi. Sure, Clementi is further and drops off at the same area *IOW, it's slower* but at least I didn't have Gideon bothering me on the bus and on the way back this time. Phew.

Headed home at 7.30 or so, tired but happy from a happy day. =)

No comments: