Saturday, January 21, 2006

Post-OEP

Most of you know I'm not the kind of person to list out day-by-day events during my OEP, so I won't. Whoever wants to read those already has KW, KL, and probably Zhang and some others to read. So I'll just skip to whatever I finded interesting. Oh, and this is in everything but order, so >_>

The Vietnamese traditional female dress (I couldn't really note any distinguishing male version of it) is a long-sleeved (I'm guessing silk/cotton? It's damn smooth) shirt (I can't remember, but I think it's V-collared. Didn't note that part) which has two partings at the sides, where the thighs are. It's usually very brightly coloured and coupled with a whitish pair of pants (Probably made of silk/cotton too). Interesting, I always thought that female Asian traditional clothing tended towards dresses (Saris, Cheongsams, etc). And I have to admit, it looks like teh elegence.

It looks damn weird when you accompany it with the Vietnamese hat, though. >_>

(Memories:)
Ms. Yvonne Lim: Remember, when you go up 1000m the temperature goes down by 6.1 (?) Celcius! And it will be cooooooooooooooooooooooolddddddddd!!! So remember to bring your jacket because in Vietnam when you go to Dalat, it will be coooooooooooooooooooolddddddddddddddddd!

*At Dalat*
Job: It's Colorado weather!
Me: wth Colorado weather o_O

But thing is, he was right. It WAS Colorado-ish weather. It's not cooooooooooooooolddddddddddddddddd. >_> Yvonne Lim credibility -10%, respect -5%.

(At lunch)

*Johnny, Samteo, Seng Wei, Darrell, Boey, Bong (IOW Bryan lol), Jerrold, Jonas, Moi, and some random mainstreamer sit at one table)

Sam Teo, Seng Wei: Hey look Darrell's eating so much it must be his parasite lol
Darrell: *talks back*
Sam Teo, Seng Wei, Darrell: *Begin talking about mutualism, parasites, viruses and bird flu*
Bryan joins in: Darrell, viruses don't die from heat or most other things. If I heat hydrogen cyanide, put it next to you and freeze it, you'll die, but nothing's going to happen to the virus.
Me: o_O wth is hydrogen cyanide
Bryan: Ok, essentially the important part is cyanide not hydrogen. Get it?

Johnny: Hey Jerrold nice shirt (Jerrold was wearing this 212 degree C shirt saying something)
Jerrold: Yeah.
Jonas Kwok: But eh, what's Absolute Zero harh?
Bryan: roughly -212 degree Celcius or so.

Mainstreamer: (angsting due to isolation)
Me: Zee propheciez are truu! Jeepers are becoming jeepers! Nuuuuu!

(After lunch, shopping a bit)

Vietnamese coffee over there is amazing. It's a slight bittersweet taste that is very strong yet mellow. I love it.

(Back at Dalat Hotel)

Jarrel Seah as roommate is a very sad thing >_>

*Computers at E-Counter, Dalat Novotel Lobby*

Samteo and Sengwei: *Playing slime soccer*
Me: wth nolife >_>

Mr. Ng Yew Hock: *uploading photos*
*Computer hangs*
Mr. Ng: Blue screen of death!
Kyle: haha
Me: o_O

(On bus)

Trevor: *Eats Pringles, wins alot at Dai Di*
Trevor: Pringles make me pro at Dai Di!

Oh, btw, Dai Di with jokers = absolute fun. It's less mindless but more fun whee~ =)

Vietnamese shop sign: My Dung (It means Fine Trades I think)

Jarrel Seah and Dr. Ong arm wrestling (Darrell has photo ask him. Jar says he's slightly better than me. o_O)

(At campfire)

Mass dance:

Jarrel Seah: *Nonchalantly walks while everyone else is dancing*
JK: *Lunges forward and takes a huge step while everyone is walking in teh dance*
KW: *Looks stupid*
ZQ: *Looks just as stupid*
Jarrel Seah: *Nonchalantly raises hands*
KW: *"Whee~" motion while raising hands*
ZQ: *Frantically swings hands randomly and raises hands*

*After mass dance, returning to bus*

(Me, KW, KL, Jason)

Me: Hey Kev, you're a good dancer. ;)
KW: Oh really?~ Thank you~ ^_^
Me: Yeah, as pro as Jarrel Seah and JK and -"
KW: *Whacks me in abdomen, runs off*
Me: Oof
Me: He just whacked me in the abdomen. KW whacked me in the abdomen.
Me: wth o_O
Me: >_>
Me: XD XD XD
KL: *grabs me so I won't fall down laughing. Continue until bus ride.*

(Valley of Love)

Me: Ah, the inspiration. I feel like writing a poem.

The Valley of Love under the stars:
So many tourists but not a car.
Looking below it goes so deep,
It reaches far and the slope is steep.
At the sides many steps go down.
But if I went the teacher would frown.

-----------

In the centre a statue that looked vrey regal,
An embodiment of "Soar on Wings like Eaglesw".
So beautiful is the Valley of Love,
Truly it is the Salt of the Earth.
Walking back and looking behind,
This was truly a Renewing of Minds.
But fear not, there still is much more to see,
To God Be the Glory, The Best is Yet to Be!

Amen.

Sir Ferdiequek: *Reads poem*
Me: How is it?
Sir Ferdiequek: ......>_>
Me: o_O You didn't flinch in pain or go urgh? What kind of bad poetry have you read before o_O
Sir: Much worse than this.
Me: Ouch. o_O Deliberately bad or unintentionally?
Sir: Unintentionally bad.
Me: o_O

(Amara Hotel Swimming Pool)

Lim Eng Kong: Does anyone know why Amara Hotel has a merlion at the pool?
Michael Ong: Bo Tai Chi.

Michael Ong: Hey Jarrel, do you know why the merlion here isn't spitting water?
Jarrel: How come?
Michael Ong: If it spat any water it would be fined $1000.

---------------------------------

Ben Tanh (sp?) Market:

Bought two Quiksilver T-shirts at $6.50 lol. And bought 3 games (That's our secret yo >_>)

The games in Vietnam are amazing. I never knew that people would actually try to put Pokemon Diamond/Jade into a cartridge, let alone sell it. Then there's the amazing KoF 2004 Non-existent version (KoF ended at 2003 and the subsequent one was called XI)

Like dude piracy can only go so far >_>

But anyway I got Dragon Quest VIII (Whee~ =)), Arc the Lad: Land of Darkness (Mixed thoughts. Dunno whether it'll be good or not), and Wild Arms 4: Altered Code F (Prob. playing this first. The artwork looks damn nice.)

---------------------

JK hash played PIU in teh Vietnam arcade. like DUDE I was worrying about him becoming better than me (Well you gotta admit with people like KW and others around telling me so it's not hard to believe them >_>) But well..

Let's just say that he could score an A on songs I could probably B or A as well, with one foot and acting like an idiot.

Oh, btw, that's what I did. >_>

PPP 1 is alot better than PPP2. PPP2 is too arrow intensive for one to actually be able to pose around while dancing. =
JC + PPP = teh o_O

THE ARCADE HAS TEKKEN 3 O_O DOOOOOOOOOM

-----------------

Teh dance we did for the kids in Vietnam had like 3 out of 5 steps taken from IYE (Admittedly KW decided on one of them unknowingly). Damn, y'know. I liked the IYE dance. And it was like 10x better than this. >_> Call me sentimental but I personally would rather had a whole new dance (Yes I know I'm alone in this. >_>) It's as if someone took part of my memories, tore it out and forced the pieces into a different jigsaw. It just doesn't go with me.

>_> I think I know why people like KW and Zhang just cannot understand why I get angry at them at times. >_>

Oh well, I've shouted at KW once and he's punched me once in the abdomen. I regret not my actions nor my statements to KW (I mean, why would I regret telling teh truth o_O)

------------------

Overall Vietnam has been good, I liked climbing Mt. Liangbang (Though I did fall quite a fair distance once >_>) and I liked most of the classmates around (Russ, Sam Chan, Trevor, Johnny and many others are cool dudes. Michael Ong, despite what everyone says, isn't a bad person. Jar and I can get along with him rather decently (Though I'm not sure whether it's him or us >_>)

Personally I would've wished it to be longer, but I'm sure the cost will go up significantly too. Hey, I guess I gotta be satisfied with what I got. =)

No comments: