Thursday, January 17, 2008

Flow

Life has settled in a slight bit better, though there's eternally the possibility that it could all go out the door after JAE comes. Hope not.

Being in a new class has its ups and downs. The downs are, of course, being tossed into a bunch of new folk and needing to get along with them. Class to class, the kind of general class atmospheres are rather contrasting in nature, enough that a mere 0.1 can make a world of difference. A 0.1 drop that changes the colourless liquid pink.

The ups are also, of course, the exact same thing. I could have ended up in two classes, but the way I see it it was a win-win situation, be it a 0.1 or a 0.2 difference. Either is better than a 0.0 (Despite its looks, it's 2sf) net change.

Being in the new class, no doubt, has some interesting experiences. To put it in a way, there's someone in class who gives me the kind of feeling that I would get upon seeing a new person called Jarrel (Likely without the Seah) at whatever institution I may be headed for next, NS included. It's a difficult feeling having to associate an emotion or a thought to a person rather than to a name; even among the Kevins and Samuels people called them differently to differentiate. Where's the difference between Hoh and Oh? I too find myself turning my head whenever the name Erik is called - another interesting experience for one whose name is otherwise rather unique, no doubt.

Sitting elsewhere is a new experience too (for obvious reasons). A breath of fresh air really lets you appreciate both the refreshing breeze and the coolness of the fan (now switched off). I sincerely haven't laughed so heartily in a long while. Perhaps it might be wise to take a leaf out of my teacher's book?

I'll cut it off at the halfway mark for now, unlike Xi Min I find myself more and more incapable of writing for long periods of time instead of the opposite.

No comments: