Sunday, January 25, 2009

Choices

The first month has nearly gone, and with it the beginnings of a number of choices.

The first was that of joining choir. It was a most bizzare choice considering that I have lost a lot of my time to it (3/5th my after-school hours are gone now) yet I don't really particularly regret it when I actually go for practise sessions. Kind of like kendo when I first started; though my Wednesdays were completely burnt and turned into wasted days (or Most Unproductive Days, as dn/dy would put it), I kind of didn't mind. In fact, it was pretty fun. And this is pretty fun too.

The second choice was that of stopping Kendo for now (hopefully not forever). I ended up missing a lot of sessions in December and November, a rather terrible outcome. I think I'm currently so out of it that I'm rather afraid to go back anytime soon. After all, even my feet seem to have healed completely. It's a waste, though. I wonder how far the rest of those who are still continuing have gone.

The third choice (not really one) was that of being chairman. It's given me rather queer thoughts about the differences between chairs and sofas, and whether sofas can be chairs and chairs can be sofas. There's also the question of why the chair became the sofa why the sofa seemed to be turning into a chair (maybe it's an issue of chairishing. Then again I doubt so.) and whether the sofa actually tried to turn into a chair or not. But well, a chair's a chair and a sofa's a sofa whether or not they try to turn into each other or not. I think I do a decent job, being a rather chairitable person and all. I think so at least.

I wonder what other choices I'll be making along the way. It's been a long way and the number of forks left are whittling down to to the single split at the end -

success or not.

I wonder how much I can achieve without compromising it all. Now that's a thought, isn't it.

No comments: