Thursday, October 27, 2005

A Salute to 2.12

Today was the party for 2.12, and also Kevin Wong's birthday party. Honestly, it wouldn't have been possible had it not for everyone's cooperation. Thanks.

Preparations:

I thank Jarrel and Kevin Low for helping clear the rubbish,
Kevin Low for helping arrange the tables with me,
Michael for sweeping up the rubbish on the floor with me,
Darrell for helping pick up that dastardly annoying ACS Echo when I couldn't sweep it onto the dustpan,
Kevin Low, Isaac and Zhang for going all the way down to Dover Market to buy drinks when people forgot to bring it,
Members of the class for bringing the food down,
and lastly everyone in 2.12 for bringing $5 each. Guess Kev and my $20 wasn't needed. XD

Sam Chan says that I'll be a good bachelor because most bachelors are very messy yet I arranged the entire class singlehandedly (Well, almost singlehandedly. Kev left 1/2way to help buy drinks and I stayed in class to continue arranging stuff. t'was my idea anyway. I mean, a class holding a party must look fit for a party, right? >_>)

But that's not the point. He says I'm neat? He should see my house. Then again, Mike says Yu Min's is worse. >_>

Oh well. XD

-----------------------------------------------------------

CG Quiz:

Heh, our team got 3rd. TKK and I were at the front seats being very annoyed at the mainstreamers behind us who kept insulting the emcees, particularly Crawshaw. =
Oh well, it was screwed up anyway. Since when did detectives get the right to apprehend suspects? Only policemen are allowed to do that.

And what's with the anagrams o_O

Aah, oh well. XD

------------------------------------------------------------

Stock-taking:

Was fun. Was working with Russell, Sam Chan, Mike, and Kyle. Well, don't need to say much about this should I. Except for that very disturbing ISO Project about horror movies and had that baby doll which kept singing London Bridge is Falling Down. Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaky.

Oh, and the skeleton. XD

----------------------------------------------------------

The Party:

Heh. 16 Pizzas and we ate it all up save the 2 for teachers. In record 15 minutes. XD Canadian Pizza is way way small >_>

Then came chips. I guess everyone took longer but we enjoyed it anyway.

Then teh spillage. Oh well, let bygones be bygones, no? T'was only 1/2 the 1.5l Coke bottle anyway. And I never really did like Coke. XD Sarsi ftw!

Music was okay, I guess. I was listening to my iPod. >_> Sometimes with Jarrel, sometimes with Bryan, sometimes with SZ. I don't really like Gorrilaz though. Sounds quite meh =\ And Spongebob's Campfire song (Like, lol Tucky chose it. o_O)

The teachers were very nice despite class parties not being allowed, XD All took a pizza, even Sherilyn Goh. o_O

Had much fun around. =)

Photo-taking:

Posed alot. Best was the final photo where it was JY, KW and I though. Damn, today's the first time I actually felt that I liked that picture. I guess I really AM a poser after all XD

The photos I liked:

The ones of me and Mike's brooms clashing together in a cross-shape. You don't see Mike's face but you know it's him. It's cool >_>

Teh Mike and I faceup with brooms-crossed. Shaun's gonna photoshop that pic >_>

Kev and me posing together. Dunno which one though. XD

SZ, JY and I posing together. Looked pretty good, but it woulda been better if the camera was facing us directly. It looked kinda slanted. Well, it WAS, but that's not the point. >_>

My 2 Silver-vest pics. They look quite funny. Trinity and Morpheus! XD

KW, JY, Watashi. That was my best pic yet I think >_>

Maybe some others with me, but those are the ones I liked. Well, hey. XD I wanted to take a pic with SZ though. Oh well, there's chances aplenty tomorrow!

------------------------------------------------

Giving Thanks

I suppose, that our class is indeed one which has been among the most close of classes, and personally, I'll say that it's the closest class I've ever been in.

While I will say that it is definitely sad that all of us are going to 'part ways' from now on (Heh, I don't even cry, why am I saying this? Geez.), it's not that easy to break us, right? I don't think so, and I don't want to think so.

Our class knows a class spirit that no other class has, not even among the GEP. Perhaps I'm being egoistic, but don't we all think that 2.12 has been nothing short of great this year? I mean, there's people who think I'm a good Vice-chairman, dangit! o_O

Well, here's the whole bunch of people I will have to thank.

Ang Seng Wei for telling me that I'm a good chairman. Thanks, I really appreciate that. =) That and the occasional chat.

Peter, for Chess. Though I didn't actually play with you, seeing you play with Yong Jun and ending and deliberate stalemate everytime was amusing. XD

Job, for OM and chat. HOW I MINE FOR FISH lol =) Ble! OM woulda been less fun without you, propsman. Well, good thing you came. Ble! Good races we had, and some random talks too. =)

Hsieh Wen, for Chess and chatting. I remember waking up everyday and playing you at chess early in the morning before the sun would go up. And each time I came close to winning you'd suddenly comeback and beat me hands-down. Kudos. Transfer chess is very fun too, btw =) Lastly, for INACGENT! >_>

Yong Jun, for Chess and chat. Though I haven't known you for very long, I suppose I can safely say that we're friends, no?

Henry, for OM and friends. Well, thanks, I guess XD. Also, thanks for being such a good prefect. Also, teh pro racers =) Thanks for teaching me pool too. Slow-mo-fighting!

Isaac, for OM, ISO and DRAGOSTEA DIN TEI. >_> And teh pro prefectorship =) Thanks for bearing with my suckiness during ISO. >_>

Joshua Rene, for OM, and being le kewl prefect. =) Thanks for teaching me pool too.

JK, for his humourous conversations with HW, and other thought-provoking ones with others too. Your gaming skillz aren't too good, but hey, that's not what defines you, right?

Wei Hua, for Guilty Gear! =) And various other randomtalk too. XD Also, thanks for holding the greatest GEP Birthday Party each year at your house!~ =)

Sidhant, for various monkey humour in class =)

Louis, for being teh lamezorz >_>

Chin Chuan, for being a source of amusement when along with Louis. Both of you make a good pair, XD Bian4 Tai4 Xian1 Sheng1!

Boey, for chatting and also for providing humour by being with Kevin Wong. XD

Daniel Yee, for his constant 'angst' and his humourous talking >_>

Lou Ee, for Chrno Crusade and various anime discussion. =) And Aikido too, XD Your punches hurt a ton though, >_>

Darren Wee for Guilty Gear, and the occasional interesting chat with me.

Sam Teo for Guilty Gear, and the occasional chat. Remember teh COCONATTO CHURII from last year? XD

JX for all the occasional chats, and SJAB. Though you're quitting, I guess we'll be better friends from now on, especially since you're joining my class next year. =) Good luck with that chain mail! =)

Cleon, for various news stuff, and for learning Stepmania and Drummania. Hope you become good at DDR or Drummania someday. Thanks especially for all the RPGs that you lent me to play, I really thank you for that.

Darrell, for teh fuzzyable! And I've gotten quite used to being called fuzzyable and Herrickysaurus. >_> I'm not going to let anyone apart from him call me that though. There's a certain way he does it >_> Oh, and he's a good chess partner too! Especially for Japanese chess. =)

Bryan, for joining the GG Community =) Thanks for all the out-of-point humour you brought in, and Domo-Kun! I will make sure I topple your waterbottle in the future. Muahahaha. =) Thanks for the occasional chat too, and teh SHAMAN KING! XD

Gid, for the humour he brought into class, the ABUDEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYs and the humour I draw from various actions of his. >_> Thanks also for the humour you bring whereever you go, even in the arcade playing the Daytona. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thanks for all your help and stuff during OM too, and thanks for the humour that you brought to the OM team. Things woulda been different without you, the verbal king, no? =)

Kevin Wong, for teh guaizainess, and also the fact that I could make fun of him every now and then. >_> I suppose his mindset has changed me in some ways though. Your optimism is quite contagious too, though. More importantly, thanks for the greatness known as the homework board! I would have died without it, honestly. =) *Psstpsstpsst* NOTHING! =D

Jarrel Seah, for being a good friend to me. Taught me alot about music, science, math and helped me in many stuff as well. What do I teach him in return? Philosophy. LAWL >_> He's definitely a great guy though, and a good chess and discussion partner too. =) I'll make sure I treasure next year. =)

Zhang, for friendship, for IYE (For letting my sanity live through IYE to be exact), for chatting. Though I can't say I appreciate your style of humour, I will admit that the laughing spasms are contagious. >_> I won't forget the times you said 'Stylohz' when I was playing DDR, XD

SZ, for introducing me to teh greatness of Guilty Gear! And also for beating me at KoF 2000 that time, sure opened my eyes wide to the outside world >_> Also for being a good International Chess, Chinese Chess and Shogi player. Pity you have to go to 3.10 =
Jun Yi, for teh pr0 h4xx0r hair of doom XD Suddenly two of us became good friends, no? XD From the start of the year to now, we've become from strangers to real good friends. Thanks for being a good philosophy partner, and just as I've changed you, you've kinda changed me too. =) As you said it, friends forever. Remember, TIME CRISIS IN STYLE! Pro =) And also teh driving =)

Shaun, for being the archbishiop. =) I thank you for last year, and for letting me in for the various projects like the IR Project. You, Jarrel and I make a good team, no? Though I won't say alot for you, thanks for everything.

Mike, for being such a good friend to me during SJAB, MSN, and whenever we're free. Thanks for all the good philosophical and theological discussions we had over the year. Thanks for listening to my favours time and time again, and thanks for being so honest to me all this time. Thanks for setting up the S2GEP Forum otherwise known as GEPpers Creepers. Thanks for teaching me so much about Catholicism, and thanks for helping me so much over the course of the year. Thanks for all your advice in terms of my CAP Writings, and thanks for the humour you and Zhang have brought into my life.

Kevin Low, for being the best chairman there ever is, and ever will be. Thanks for putting up with a rather incompetent vice-chair, and thanks for helping me whenever I needed it. Thanks for coming up with TNN, the greatest thing that made 2.12 2.12 and not any other normal class out there in ACS(I). Thanks for being so patient with the class when it was about to explode, and thanks for putting up your blog so we could help you. Thanks for the awesomeness of our OM script, and thanks for the lame puns and humour that you brought into our class. Thanks for being there when I needed you, and thanks for needing me at times too. Thanks for well, everything!

Though our class will split up, there's something that won't split up. That's our class spirit. Remember our team spirit during OEP? Yes, that team spirit will never go. It is what makes us 2.12, and not any other class. 2.12 is ours, and ours alone. No other 2.12 shall have a legacy similar to ours. TNN is ours and ours only. No other 2.12 shall have that like us. GEPpers Creepers was by us, and will be for us, and none other. This class spirit is ours, and for none other. No matter how far we split our class, we can always have a reunion, and I can go up to someone, say "Hey, Hellfire." and Boey would be able to say "Hey, Herrick." It is a sublimal feeling that makes this class so unique. Not everything in class may be good, but when everything fits together, who cares? Our class may not be perfect to others, but it is perfect to me, or should I say, it is perfect to us. I don't want to change 2.12, and it will not change. No change of numbers, no change of class, shall take away the pride of us, that was 2.12.

Sadness is temporal as we leave into two different classes, but memories are forever. We choose our future, and we choose whether or not to break 2.12 or not. And in my opinion, that choice is a no. Thanks everyone, you've been a great crowd, and even as the curtain closes, life will go on, and a new show will begin. New casts, new stages, new props, new scripts, and new conflicts for our characters, but none will forget the very honour and pride of being a Naphtalian. No change, no destruction, no relocation or difference in curriculum will sever us apart.

WE ARE NAPHTALI, AND WE WILL STAY AS NAPHTALI! AND WE WILL ALL BE ONE, AS NAPHTALI!

-----------------------------------------------------

Even if there are days when the tears roll down my cheeks
I want to have your back all for myself, but
Because kindness is also cruel sometimes
I lose sight of the answer the more I search for it

If you can see the rainbow in the town after the rain
Let's start walking now, something is about to begin

Because I have you, because I have tomorrow
Because I can't live on all alone
I feel you so close by me, I guess that's love
Because you know how much pain tears can bring
I want to find a smile in your transparent eyes
As I search for a definite meaning in them

Although it'd be good if these feelings found their way into your heart without me needing to speak a word,

The colour of the town changes little by little but
See, our memories have again increased by one

Because now I can embrace every word that you said
I'm sure that we'll come closer to each other
I guess that's love
Even if a tomorrow that nobody knows is waiting for us
It's all right, don't cry anymore
We'll join hands
And keep walking on forever

It isn't something that builds up in an instant
But a feeling that grows a little at a time,
The feeling called love

Because I have you, because I have tomorrow
Because I can't live on all alone
I feel you so close by me, I guess that's love
Because you know how much pain tears can bring
I want to find a smile in your transparent eyes
As I search for a definite meaning in them...

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu! OP, Sore Ga Ai Deshou? (I guess, that's love?)

I dedicate this to all those in 2.12. Don't feel sad. =) (Yes, it's translated for all of you. Gotta love animelyrics translations. =)

No comments: