Monday, August 07, 2006

Riezz and the Rich Son

Riezz: And why are you alone?

Hikcrestni: Because no one wants to play with me.

Riezz: And why does no one want to play with you?

Hikcrestni: Because they see no value in me as a friend, and only see value in the money I bear.

Riezz: Why surely there is reason to that. Is there?

Hikcrestni: There is none; I am rich, nothing more to them. Naught of my thoughts, naught of my will, naught of anything else.

Riezz: I see, then. What is that you're using?

Hikcrestni: Oh, just some other laptop. Dad bought me this one because it was particularly high in quality in terms of technological prowness. The triple-processors on this make its efficiency for programs very good, even the most taxing of games is nothing to my 4 gigahertz laptop with 3.27 gigs of RAM.

Riezz: I apologize, but I'm somewhat unfamiliar with some terminologies, but I can gather enough just from the gist of it. What game are you playing right now, anyway? The graphics I see aren't usually so impressive.

Hikcrestni: Isn't it? My dad has connections, so he managed to get the Prerelease Limited Edition Diablo III Set. It's currently sold out and they have plans for waiting some time to patch up some stuff based on feedback before they release the official one. It did cost a bunch, though. Heard it was around $300 for the set alone. One of the most taxing games on my laptop, too.

Riezz: I see. A rarity indeed in your hands you have.

Hikcrestni: Well, what do you expect? There has to be payoffs for being so discriminated.

Riezz: May I try having a go at this game?

Hikcrestni: I don't mind, but I highly doubt that you are capable of actually mastering the game so easily.

Riezz: Haha, that's true. I guess I'll just walk around a bit first.

(Riezz walks across the playground and next sees a bunch of children gathered around another laptop of significantly inferior quality.)

Riezz: Another one, but less impressive. What game is this?

John: Oh, it's Street Fighter II!

Riezz: Certainly looks fun. How much would that have cost you?

Jack: Oh, how expensive it is is irrelevent, we all pooled in some cash together to get this game for Jane's birthday. This way the $70 pricetag can easily be conquered!

Riezz: Haha, true indeed. So two people fight each other by choosing characters?

Jill: Yeah! And it's really fun, too! Every game is always different because different strategies and tactics are used everytime! It's a game of outwitting your opponent and using the best methods to beat your enemy!

Riezz: Well, sounds fun. May I try?

Jane: Sure thing! It's really easy to play!

(Riezz plays a few games with them, and walks back to where Hikcrestni is)

Hikcrestni: Where were you?

Riezz: Playing a few games with 4 kids under the slide.

Hikcrestni: Hmph, them.

Riezz: And you've been playing that game all this time?

Hikcrestni: Duh. Good games take time to complete.

Riezz: But this seems awfully repetitive, doesn't it. I've saw you kill the same monsters in this area just now. Why keep at it?

Hikcrestni: Friend, it's called farming. I'm looking for this rare item that only Obsidian Guardians drop, and this is where they spawn the most.

Riezz: Seems less fun than what they were doing. Why don't you play multiplayer games like fighters?

Hikcrestni: What were they playing?

Riezz: Uh, Street Fighter II, I believe.

Hikcrestni: Haha, that's old. I'll show you the latest one. It's Street Fighter IV Beta. Isn't it amazing and cool? I play this alot when I get bored with Diablo.

Riezz: Well, I guess that's fine and all, but how'd you play a fighting game by yourself? Aren't humans better to play against?

Hikcrestni: Please, did any of them actually play well? I can just set the difficulty AI to Lunatic here and it'll be five times tougher than whatever those kids can do. That's not to say that I can't beat it then. But well, I don't play this game too much. It gets boring quickly. The AI can't match my skill.

Riezz: Ok... just one question?

Hikcrestni: Entertained.

Riezz: Why are you alone?

Hikcrestni: Because no one wants to play with me.

Riezz: And why does no one want to play with you?

Hikcrestni: Because they see no value in me as a friend, and only see value in the money I bear.

Riezz: Why surely there is reason to that. Is there?

Hikcrestni: There is none; I am rich, nothing more to them. Naught of my thoughts, naught of my will, naught of anything else.

Riezz: Is it their fault they see naught of your thoughts, your will, or anything else?

Hikcrestni: You expect me to spoonfeed my life to them?

Riezz: You expect them to be so gracious to you? Let me ask you instead: Why do you not like playing simple fighter games?

Hikcrestni: Because the Lunatic AI bores me.

Riezz: ...well, fine.

Hikcrestni: Well, that's been alot of questions, I hope you realize. Now I do have to go back to farming. These Blood Swords sell for alot on D3 Online.

Riezz: Fair.

(Riezz goes onto the swing and sits down. In one corner he sees Hikcrestni playing and smiling. In the other he sees Jane, Jack, Jill and John playing and smiling.)

No comments: