Monday, August 14, 2006

Riezz and the Eternal Wind

Eien no Kaze: I am the Eternal Wind, Riezz. That is all. Please, do speak.

Riezz: ...my apologies. It is rare to meet such an entity, let alone get to converse with it.

Eien no Kaze: I'm flattered, but it is indeed rare to converse with travellers.

Riezz: More your fault than mine. But honestly, what are you, anyway? The Eternal Wind cannot just be a mere breeze. Surely there is a reason as to why you are eternal.

Eien no Kaze: Haha, fine then. There're a few dead leaves around here, aren't there? *Some leaves blow into Riezz's hand* Throw them.

(Riezz throws them, and a sudden updraft brings up the centre, and the leaves in the centre soar up, followed by the surrounding ones. When they drop and fall, the ones in the centre are also the first.)

Eien no Kaze: can you hear it?

Riezz; Hear what?

Eien no Kaze: The voices.

Riezz: Faintly, but I know not to whom they belong to.

Eien no Kaze: The leaves, of course. Each and every leaf is calling out to be seen.

Riezz: Surely there is also the wind that lets to silent leaf speak.

Eien no Kaze: There is no trick. There is only life in me.

Riezz: Life?

Eien no Kaze: Life. it is as simple as that. Everything is set into motion by life. For those long gone who wish to move again, I am there to revive them temporarily.

Riezz: Truly? How much life can one feel he has, then?

Eien no Kaze: As much as it surrounds him. To he who runs with it, it surrounds him and is left behind in trails to challenge others. To he that runs against it, he fights the life of others. To he by the flames, it turns hot and burns with passion. To he by the sea, it would smell of the bravery of the sailors. To he by the pastures, nature's susurruses are calm and relaxing. To those whom machinery breezes past, it is but a magnification and reflection shown in the driver. And to travellers like you, the wind is but a haven that keeps you walking, is it not?

Riezz: Perhaps. Then who are you, that you are eternal?

Eien no Kaze: I am what's left of the voices of those whose spirits have triumphed over death and continue to live on in me.

Riezz: And yet you feel so majestic. Surely there be many unsung voices among that chorus of winds.

Eien no Kaze: indeed so, come breathe in the soul of an unsung one I found in the North.

Riezz: ...coffee?

Eien no Kaze: Yes, a rare one indeed. This breed lives only in the Northern plains, and is delicate to every action you make.

Riezz: A magnificent breed indeed. The aroma is rich and wonderful.

Eien no Kaze: There are many heroes like him, true masters of their art, living idealistically to carry on what they felt was most important in their lives. Interesting how one such person felt coffee was it, eh?

Riezz: Surely a triviality can be heroic as such as well.

Eien no Kaze: Haha, indeed. Travelling, after all, is but a triviality as well.

Riezz: Please don't make me sound noble. However, may I inquire as to one last thing?

Eien no Kaze: What would it be?

Riezz: May I try cutting you? I just happen to have this sword I bore from someone I met some time ago.

Eien no Kaze: What interesting thoughts the traveller has! I shall entertain you then. Go ahead, and try to cut me.

(Riezz runs, and does a straight slice through Eien no Kaze, then smiles, as if learning something.)

Riezz: This is a sharp sword that can cut steel effortlessly. It bears the soul of a person I met in the past, and in addition the souls of those it has taken. Yet despite tearing apart the very lives of humans, it cannot cut you. It has been said that one who cannot be cut is like the wind, for it is there once, and soon it is gone. I suppose, they are right?

Eien no Kaze: Haha, heavens no! The wind will always be there, it will never be gone. But do you understand why I cannot be cut?

Riezz: Because you are the wind?

Eien no Kaze: Fool, no! It is because I am the Eternal Wind, that which bears that which has already conquered death! Which man who has faced the grim reaper would shudder when meeting an assassin?

No comments: