Sunday, October 14, 2007

People I Never Knew

An acquaintance left for India earlier today due to citizenship issues. Not that I really know him well or anything, but that's why he's an acquaintance and not a friend, is he? It is somewhat of a waste considering he was probably one of the few who I might've liked to be classmates with in IB, but I suppose I won't have that chance anymore.

I knew he was a smart person and a dedicated one too, but it was quite hilarious seeing his lack of common and trivial knowledge. Almost like Jarrel, except somewhat worse? I remember laughing so much at the thought of Bruce Almighty being a martial arts film, but I doubt I'd be hearing any more amusing anecdotes from him.

I asked if there was anything he regretted not doing. He listed some. Not training next year's team, not going for his primary school reunion, not meeting up with some teachers for the last time (The whole week was holidays save Monday and Tuesday, after all). Then he added that it was no use regretting since he couldn't change or rectify the situation in any way whatsoever.

Was that reason enough not to regret? I asked, but we didn't really discuss that. If he was right, though, regret'll probably be one of the most meaningless things I'll be seeing around. I should speak for myself too XD

A stranger is supposedly leaving the school, apparently to teach in the ACS at Malaysia instead of in Singapore. Strange because I don't know him well, but stranger because he doesn't know me. It was quite a pity because he was among the few teachers I would've liked to be taught by in IB.

I kind of envy the First and the Second batches, because they were the ones taught by this group of special teachers that probably really made ACS what it was. Particularly those with their 12 proud ACSian years, for they were taught even from Year 4. When the first batch of Year 5s came, they moved on to teach this new group, half neglecting us in the process. And then the Year 5s grew up, and they continued to nurture them.

Now as the First IB Batch leaves, some of them decide that the first shall be the last.

I recall seeing him at Serene Center, and the first time we crossed paths there I just bowed. The second time I just said 'Bye, Sir'. Stranger indeed, huh?

I shall never get to know either very well, but admittedly that has never been my concern, and vice versa shall never be theirs. There's nothing to regret, and there isn't any admittedly, but it does feel like a waste every now and then.

I wonder if either will read this blogpost, since both have read it before at least once. Meh, sucks to be the Third, huh.

No comments: