Monday, July 04, 2005

The lil' things in life

*sigh* Don't really have anything big to blog about, so I shall blog about the small htings in life. My title of this blog, though it can't be seen, is 'The lil' things in life'.

I'm 1/2way through my next chapter of TNN. While I know the onus is on me to write TNN for the forumgoers, it's becoming harder and harder each and everytime. It's like inspiration: You can write a ton when you first start, and slowly it just drains off, slowly and slowly. *sigh* I may end up being like ZQ, JK, and Gid. >_>

On Wednesday, I met Ms.Loh at the bus-stop just outside school. Talked to her about a whole lot of things on the bus, about CAP, about friendship and stuff, about what she was going to do next year, and about philosophy (She asked me what my favourite subject was. >_>). I really kinda admire her for actually being able to put up with everyone from the OM group. And I am also somewhat indebted to her for being the first adult to actually converse with me about philosophy and discuss. Something my parents won't be doing anytime soon. >_> *sigh*

SJAB Day... how can I put it. On Thursday night, everyone fell in at the space frame. We began with drill to see who wasn't good enough to march for SJAB day. Dheeraj and Perry went out. Well, can't really say I didn't expect it, but I was surprised Douglas didn't go out. Then again, he did march well.

Staff B. (I call the staffs by Staff Lui, Staff Pongsy, Staff Kai Lun, and Staff B. I bet apart from 'Pongsy' and 'Kai Lun' I'm the only one who calls them that way. >_>) said that we were marching very well, but it might be that it was because it was nighttime and maybe he couldn't see very well. Then I made a joke by saying "Swami!" then Swaminathan said "Staff! I have a complaint! Herrick has just made a racist comment!" Staff B was like "Is that so?" and Swami explained it to him. >_> Everyone else was like "Ooooh...." at me >_> I'm pretty sure Swami didn't take it to heart, though. XD I don't tease him that much anyway. Staff B told me to look for him later for punishment. >_>

After the drill test we fell in as one contingent and took out everyone who wasn't good enough / didn't come enough times during SJAB Day training. Kai Lun gave a very motivating speech. Went to look for Staff B later to ask for punishment. I guess he was in a good mood 'cause he told me he'll punish me some other time. >_>

After drill we went to bed, and I realized I don't have my sleeping bag, nor a 2nd set of clothes (Some didn't have it either, so that was fine. The sleeping bag, though... >_>) so I laid out my lab coat on the floor and my jacket (Y'know the black shiny New Balance one I wore on Friday? That one.) above it. Then JX came along and offered me to share his sleeping bag (It was humungous *sp?*. If you spread it out it could fit 2 people comfortably.) I decided to take his offer. Eugene came along and started making fun of the two of us (Well, I don't have to tell you about what, do I.) But I cared not and just lied down on the sleeping bag. Some were bathing, some were chatting, some were eating biscuits given by the Staffs, some S3s and S2s were going into each other's rooms just to make everyone else groom >_> It was pretty funny.

Sleeping position:

JX Me John Ang

3 of us were really squeezed up with no space whatsoever. Ok, there was some space, but that's not the point. Blame the big sleeping bag of JX's. >_>

At 10.30 was lights-out. But everyone continued chatting. >_> Then a Staff came in and told us to quiet. >_> Then after much ruckus (Pretty funny ruckus, actually. Like Douglas going "Cockroach!" to "Watch out for Lai Kwan!" and "Esther can be anywhere!" and eventually ending with Douglas going "Owowow cramp". >_>) Good thing for JX's Strepsils. Helped my cough somewhat.

The next day other people came. Michael, Boey, SZ, Kevin Wong. SZ and Boey were placed in the stationary contingent. >_>

Kevin was complaining about how he had to march all the way past so many people, so he wanted to change positions with me. I told him I was standing in front of 2.12 so he was like ">_>" and "Hmu (If you don't get this ask ZQ >_>)"

Just before the marching Dalton, John Yu and (Not sure) were talking about Fire Emblem. I just listened. >_> Then marching started.

When we went there the GoH was actually early o_O. Then we marched in. Some people say that the GoH was longwinded but I don't really think so. Ok, maybe certain parts were quite disheartening like

"Hello again." and "Let me start by telling you a story". >_> The 2nd one made Dalton squat. Ameer squatted too. >_<

After that we just went back, phototaking, chatting, changing into casual clothes, and back for school.

End SJAB Day. >_>

SJAB Carnival:

Lol, much fun. I bought lots of food >_> But only used up $13 in the process so I gave the rest to Muhammad's bro. The stuff there were pretty nice. Well, we sold out by 10 so we were all dismissed then >_> Inhaling helium is fun! Except Ms. Tan Boon Chui doesn't think so. >_>

Btw, I still see no relation between those... costumes and SJAB. >_>

No comments: