Friday, March 11, 2005

Aftercruise

Aah, back from the Superstar Virgo. In all honesty, I kinda miss it quite a bit now.

'Twas nice being with 3 other GEPpers in cabin playing Boom-O or chatting past midnight.

'Twas nice playing Chess with Hsieh Wen and nearly winning each time until he makes a sudden comeback. =)

'Twas nice playing Scrabble where I beat Hsieh Wen and Henry.

'Twas nice playing Sega Rally against Jun Yi, Zhang, Sheu Zhi, Isaac, Job, Lester (I gave him a few tips and he's already as good as everyone. =) Sheu and Jun are really good.

Zhang: I'm demn pro.
SZ: Dun fake!
Jun Yi: I'll beat you SZ.
SZ: Dun fake!
Job: I'm demn pro sia!
SZ: Dun fake!!!!!!

Zhang wins.
Zhang: I'm demn pro.
SZ: Zhang's very good leh.

Aah, good times.

'Twas nice playing TC2 Link Games with Jun Yi *though I did it only once*. He's pretty good.

'Twas REALLY fun being able to be in an environment where I can play DDR without being called 'gay' or 'nerd' or 'lamer'. In fact, there's another GEPper better at it than me! =) *It was really cool when the S1s and some other people started to refer to me as "that DDR pro" lol. =) That sure was a nice feeling.*

The cruise was definitely very fun for most of us, though a tad money-consuming for the arcaders like Cleon, Jun Yi, Sheu Zhi and I. =) I can't believe I spent $50 on the arcade in a 3-days cruise. o_O

It was a pity, however, that the arcade didn't have more updated games. I mean, Soul Calibur 1 isn't very new. Neither is Time Crisis 2 (Well, not that I'm complaining). And neither is DDR Bass Solo Mix. o_O Aah well, look at it this way. If it were the updated games I would've played even more. O_o

Aah, the enjoyment I felt when all of us were at the deck at dawn, singing My Heart Will Go On, in the cool, breezy wind of a cruising ship.

The pleasure of eating gourmet at Bella Vista (was really nice, though not filling.) and the Mediterranian Buffet (different selection each day, buffet, free o' charge, tastes nice too =)

The only qualm I had in regards to the ship was that our toilet didn't work for the first day and was clogged the third. =(

Thanks for the fun everyone gave me during the cruise on the SS Virgo!

That would be:
Jeremy Ow (For being my roommate and teaching me the coolness that is Boom-O),

Jun Yi (TC2 and Sega Rally, both of which he's good at. He caused everyone to use the Subaru Imprezza on stages apart from Desert, which will come later.)

Gabriel and Nick (my S1 Cabinmates. I forgot who was who. XD One of them gave me tips on playing Motor Raid. =),

Kevin Low (for just being there and r0xx0ring),

Cleon (Guitarfreaks ^_^)

Bryan (Motor Raid ^_^)

Sheu Zhi (Panic Park *He's demn pro XD*, DDR *It was always a fun thing to look at him play DDR*, Sega Rally *Teh proness)

Zhangbo (For being so tyco at Sega Rally and saying 'Stylo' when I played DDR)

Wei Hua (For being a regular spectator at Sega Rally)

Peter (For usually being with Wei Hua)

Darren Low (Guitarfreaks)

Michael Alexander Chee (Guitarfreaks. All the Guitarfreaks players were pretty pro.)

Lester Tan (I gave him a few tips on Sega Rally and he's as good as everyone else! =)

Henry Liu (For always using the Stratos at Sega Rally Desert until everyone started to use it at Desert too.)

Isaac (For always being the mad driver in Sega Rally. o_O)

Michael (For the Bible Study he had on the first day. =)

Darrell, Marcus (For supporting me and usually being there when I played DDR)

Jarrel (For being with me when giving Lester advice on Sega Rally, for giving me advice on Sega Rally, and being with me when I played DDR. Thanks alot Jar ^_^)

Job (For playing Sega Rally but not doing well each time. Oh well, he always lets me take over if he gets 3rd or 4th. =)

Hsieh Wen (For always accompanying me around at dawn and playing Chess with me. He's good. =)

Did I miss out anyone? Hopefully not. =)

Aah, how I wish they would have more camps where the mainstream would not be involved. That would be so nice. The GEP are such friendlier people than the mainstream. That said, I've a few friends in the mainstream. Thunderation! Assorted SJAB members! Justin Ng! Yeah, that's about it >_>

Well, Term 1 is over, and next up is the horror known as SJAB Camp! I hope my bunk is doing well. o_O

Owaranai No Ashita E! "I like that phrase. =)"

No comments: