Sunday, August 14, 2005

IYE

I shall be posting about my IYE trip when I feel I should. But anyways,

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jokerus2001/album?.dir=8678&

My photos I took during the IYE trip. Take note that I took more than this, XD just that I didn't upload all of them yet.

I have my reasons for not blogging about the IYE. The blog's mine, right? =)

Besides, you know me. I don't make chronicles of events. I put down my feelings and stuff about the aftermath.

I spoke to Jodie about the trip, and my problem I got from it, and other stuff. She's a nice person. (Which is amazing, since there's only been so many girls who have been so nice to me throughout my life. I think I can count it with a hand. Feng Yi, Ke Xin, Mel (To a lesser extent, but hey, she's still my cousin.), Wensi, her. XD That's 5. =P)

I asked her about the emotional identity crisis thing, she couldn't reply to me properly (I didn't exactly expect her to. Pity, though. It's not a question anyone else would understand apart from her. Well, technically Jie Ying too, but I doubt she'll take me seriously. XD) Oh well. She's quite a mature person, compared to people like Hsieh Wen and JK. I appreciate her company.

Been talking to Duck and Nat (The tall one) abit. They're nice people too. =) The Germans haven't emailed us yet. =/ So much for Jodie and Jie Ying making fun of me XD (In fact, Jie Ying still is. >_>) Gensan hasn't replied back yet. The two girls have got loads of mails from Minton already >_< Haven't emailed my host family yet. >_> Haven't emailed Kousuke and Pico rarr. Pity Akira doesn't use email.

*sigh* I feel so sentimental towards the whole thing. *Don't get sentimental, 'cause half of it gets mental.*

Put between a choice between this and OM, it's a very tough choice, but I'll put this over OM. I'm not saying that OM is inferior in any way, but they're completely different in matters. Gid is absolutely right in saying that OM was way more fun than this. (Ok, maybe not the 'way more' part. OM's just a little more fun.). But I felt that there was something lacking in OM, and that was company. Sure, I had my OM teammates. Sure, I had the buddy team. But then I'll see my OM teammates everyday anyway! That's not much of company is it. Among everyone out there, they were what they were, strangers. Nice strangers, but essentially strangers. I didn't feel any emotional attachment to them whatsoever. I mean, seriously, did ANYONE from my OM team make any effort to know the person whom which they were trading pins? His/her name? The most you knew was which state they were from.

IYE was different. The only original company I had was Zhang and Yeo-sensei (Who wasn't there 1/2 of the time). Jodie, Jie Ying, Wei Ming, despite all those dance/singing practises, weren't exactly people I knew (The fact that I kept forgetting Jie Ying's name prior to the trip stands testimony to that). The only time where I actually talked with any of the three was with Jodie, on the first day, because we were deciding which song to sing.

There, we were suddenly placed with Japanese, and associated overseas delegation members. By the end of the first communication event I was friends with Gensan, Kousuke, Akira, Pico, Nat, Nat, and Duck. Yuuta to a lesser extent (Didn't manage to talk with him after that.). Zhang and I traded namecards with Kousuke and Gensan during the short break (I bet that was the first exchange of namecards, hehe. =)

Throughout the days I managed to make good friends with the Thais (They are nice people. =), the Germans (Very fun and sociable. But quite disturbing too XD), the Koreans (Slightly lesser extent). The girls made friends with the Chinese, Filipino, Germans, and the Koreans too. See, the company I had in the IYE was a very nice and close one, and everyone I made friends with I shan't forget anytime soon. Jodie, Minton, Dabo, Pico, Gensan, Kousuke, Keigo, Akira, Nat, Duck, Red-san, Waka-san, Zhang Yu, Julius, Maximillian, everyone has been amazing company, and that is something that OM is incapable of achieving: Binding everyone together despite language barriers, problems of all sorts, etc. That, I believe, is a very powerful friendship that is not easily forgotten. =)

...I guess missing something like this isn't a bad thing, huh. =) What worth are good memories if they aren't treasured?

Well, I've done penning my thoughts for today. I've much stuff to blog about now. Mdm. Lena Yeo, Jun Yi's blog, and a few more thoughts.

Y'know something? Thanks for reading this blog.

-------------------------------------------------

そうさ 悲しみをやさしさに
自分らしさを力に
迷いながらでもいい 歩き出して
もう一回 もう一回

誰かの期待にずっと応え
誉められるのが好きなのですか
なりたい自分を摺り替えても
笑顔はいつでも素敵ですか

始まりだけ 夢見て起きる
その先なら いつか自分の腕で

そうだ 大事な物は いつも
形のないものだけ
手に入れても なくしても
気付かぬまま

そうさ 悲しみをやさしさに
自分らしさを力に
迷いながらでもいい 歩き出して
もう一回 もう一回

ずるい大人は出逢うたび
頭ごなしな説教だけ
自分を素直に出せなくなって
傷つけながらすぐに尖って

新しい風 味方につけて
探していいんだ いつか青い鳥を

そうだ 大事な物は いつも
形のないものだけ
手に入れても なくしても
気付かぬまま

そうさ 悲しみをやさしさに
自分らしさを力に
迷いながらでもいい 歩き出して

涙の後は なぜか吹っ切れてた
空に虹が出るように 自然なこと
雨は上がった

だから 大事な物は いつも
形のないものだけ
手に入れても なくしても
気付かぬまま

そうさ 悲しみをやさしさに
自分らしさを力に
君ならきっとやれる 信じていて
もう一回 もう一回
もう一回 もういいかい?

No comments: