Thursday, October 05, 2006

On Finding A Small Beetle Flying About Randomly In The Room

On Finding A Small Beetle Flying About Randomly In The Room

Some beetle wound up flying here and there
Around the cobwebbed study called my room.
It crawls and flies without the world a care
While I the human one must brace for doom.
Why not go out, a world outside so fine!
That paradise, far sweeter than goodbyes
Yet see you do, this painful day of mine
As if you want to offer me advice
What words can one unwise as you transfer?
Distract me from my fight is what you do.
Do cold hard facts remind you of the myrrh?
Perhaps to you, but science is far more crude.
Oi simi leave my room oledy lah
Tomorrow test today mus study lah...

*Non-Sec 3 Readers are advised to reference to Charles Tennyson Turner's "On Finding A Smalll Fly Crushed In A Book" to understand. But I doubt you can find this poem on the net. Oh well XD*

No comments: