Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

This year I finally learnt a lot of stuff.

I will never get used to not being able to spend Christmas with my extended family. It's honestly rather painful. It's a world apart from me. And I will never understand how people can spend Christmas bumming around at home. I guess it's my upbringing.

Carolling has been an important part of my life for these seasons as well. Having nothing to do with any choir performances in December is honestly rather painful (I didn't actually realize that I repeated words so I'll keep it as is) especially given the fact that I actually practised the song only to find out I would be in the Highlands during the performance date. Gosh.

Even though there are friends and people around whom I dislike and think are absolutely retarded at times, there're all the other times where they're awesome and hilarious and generally good buds to hang out with. That's why they're my friends. And that's why I love them in any case.

Even though sometimes life doesn't seem to give you what you want, it just means that you'd have to go find your way around not slacking on your ass and hoping it would come for you.

That sometimes you have to say 'yes' to doing something new. That bad results don't necessarily follow doing things out of the comfort zone, out of the status quo.

That I am truly a blessed child.

It has been a good Christmas, if only for one thing.

Thank you.

No comments: