Sunday, April 24, 2005

CPR Test

By suggestion of Sergeant Fate, I have decided to blog about SJAB!

After skipping SJAB for like, what, 5 weeks? due to OM, I have finally managed to go to SJAB for once. Of course, I was expecting to be screwed over since I didn't manage to submit my excuse form (Mentioned in a blog further down) and surprisingly I was not. >_> I had asked Sheu Zhi for CPR notes on Wednesday but he didn't bring it (I forgot to remind him) so basically I was noteless >_> And extremely stressed becuase fail CPR = fail, and that I heard a whole lot of people failed many times before passing. Like Michael Wee (Whom I usually hear is ultra-on) failed 4 times because the chest wouldn't rise in his dummy o_O Then he switched dummies during the 5th try and passed >_>

I asked Kevin Wong for notes, and he started getting really annoyed at me because he's going into NCO Camp and I'm not >_> (He's been trying to kill me for a while now because he says I'm more 'on' than him and he's going into NCOC, not me >_>) Anyway, he lent me Teik Siang's notes so I was fine. I just needed to remember the minor mistakes and I should be fine... that's what I thought. So I head for SJAB with my 1.25l waterbottle.

But wait! I had a meeting to go to regarding the Public Speaking Competition! So I head over to Mdm. Susila first. And she talked and talked UNTIL IT WAS FRICKING PAST 2! Kevin Wong and I were ultra-stressed after it went past 1.30 >_> Why? We didn't study for our CPR >_>

So we went over to SJAB a few minutes late. Luckily we informed Ms.Tan that we'd be late so we weren't punished or anything. Then we head over to the Language Rooms for our CPR test: Me, Kev Wong, and Boey. Dheeraj comes later. Anyway. We go into the lang room and see Staff John. B. he tells us that we'll fail if we have 1 major mistake (Skip any step of CPR) or 5 minor mistakes (Any minor error, seriously.). Should we fail once, we get one more try. Since major errors are obviously easy to prevent, I started to ask Kev for what the minor procedures were. And I learnt some of them.

Kev heads in. He fails. He forgot 2 ventilation breaths. IOW, 1 major mistake.
Boey goes in. He fails. He forgot 3 steps. IOW, painful.
Dheeraj goes in. 7 minor mistakes. He fails.

I go in.
"LCP Herrick, take this antiseptic tissue paper and clean the dummie's mouth. If you do not do this properly the SJAB Committe will not be held responsible for any illness you might receive. Then, please adjust the dummy in any position you may choose. Oh, and, LCP Herrick, congratulations on your OM."
"o_O uhh... *snaps back to reality* Thank you, Staff."
I proceed to fail for forgetting to check neck injuries >_> 1 major mistake, 5 minor mistakes.

Kev goes in again and passes. Staff didn't ask him to go back to Bus Bay so he stays and chats with us >_>

Boey goes in. Takes an ultra-long amount of time. Ms.Tan pops by and heads into the Lang room to check it out. Watches Boey. Bet she was giggling >_> Ok, maybe not. Anyway, when he came out, turns out that he failed two times at the very start so Staff John. B. decided to give him more chances. So he passed in the end. Yay.
Ms. Tan comes out and chats with us a bit about Psc. Advantages of having your Psc Teacher as one of those teacher ICs.
Dheeraj goes in and passes. Whee, my turn.
I go in. Just before giving initial breaths I get a cramp >_< so I ask Staff John. B. to wait a moment since I had a cramp. He helps me into recovery position for cramps. So I go on. I made 3 minor mistakes and no major mistakes. I pass! Yay.

We go to bus bay and see Sergeant Keith Chua and Sergeant Jeremy Ee. We report to Sergeant Keith. Keith wants us to go join the people doing jumping jacks. Wondered why they were doing punishments. Jeremy comes forward and says to take Dheeraj and Boey and let them join the people doing jumping jacks. He told Kevin Wong and I to join the people marching (the people who weren't punished) since apparently we were very on. o_O So we join them and march. o_O

Jeremy Ee was in a good mood. He didn't shout at us much compared to usual. In fact he was staring at the Canadian International School's students play Tennis and was commenting on how much they sucked >_>

After Drill = PT! Sheu Zhi ran against Keith Chua. Lost by a small bit though. Didn't need to run the 2.4 after that because 'Sheu Zhi has initiative!' so we ran 2.4. Bleh, bad idea to run when you are sick. I nearly died >_> So I gave up doing PT on an illness and told Officer Edward that I was sick. He let me rest. Kev Wong got the illness from 2.12 too, so he also told Officer Edward he was sick. Bleh. Sucks to be sick >_>

Went for dismissal at 6.30. Yay! No more SJAB this term. Can focus on OM and Midyears.

----------------------------------

OM Celebrations. (Figured I might as well blog about this)

First Celebration (Directly after OM Competition): Headed over to Gid's house to eat chips and pizza and watch House of Flying Daggers.

Lesson learnt in watching House of Flying Daggers: Gideon is a cynic when it comes to movies and he does an extremely good job at it. He somehow manages to point out every single little mistake we never seem to catch. Like how in the snowing scene absolutely no snow fell on the cast. >_> Now I know that if you watch a movie with Gid, the movie instantly becomes a bad movie, unless it's extremely good like Phantom of the Opera (Which I didn't manage to see. MY LIFE ROCKS! *sigh*)

Personal review:

Bleh. Love story. Fighting. WHAT ELSE IS THERE? This movie didn't exactly make me satisfied. I mean, plot twist! *10 minutes* Plot twist! *10 minutes* Plot twist! etc. After a while the story just fails to let you be happy. For all bad writers reading this blog this means that plot twists don't make a good story. =)

OM Celebration no.2:

Went over to Ms.Loh's house. Zhang and Kev were there already. Ms.Loh asked me if I wanted any drinks so I asked for Green Tea >_>

Then we listened to Dick Lee. Zhang keeps laughing for reasons unknown. Then by my request we listened to classical music. All hymns.

The condominium which Ms.Loh stays in is beautiful. The scenery is nice. The architecture is nice. Her house is nice too. >_>

Job and Gid came after that. Peaceful listening and satiscation --> UTTER CHAOS! When Gid came. He took out Running With Scissors by Weird Al and made Ms.Loh listen to Albuquerque. Lol, Even Ms.Loh laughed. Josh came, then Isaac and Henry. Then we began our discussion about OM.

Ferdinand Quek came in while we were having our discussion. Completely interrupted the flow, and interrupted what Ms.Loh said too. Was near 6 then, so I didn't think I'd get to eat anything >_>

Then I realized I got 1 missed call and 1 message from Dad. He'd pick me up at 7! Yay. So at 6.15 or so we head down to the barbeque pits. It's next to the exercise parks so we played around a bit. JOSH CAN DO 4 PULLUPS! I think Isaac can do pull ups too. I could only do 2 =( No one else could do pullups >_>

Then we played around and managed to find a basketball. JOSH CAN SHOOT FROM HALFCOURT! ARGH! and my basketball skills have seriously detiorated. So we play some more. Argh. It is near 7. The barbeque fire isn't up because Gideon threw leaves, paper and Al into the fire. *sigh* So all I could eat were pre-cooked pork ribs. So I ate 3 pork ribs and went to Grandfather's place. Whee.

Well, that's all, folks! Muahaha. >_>

No comments: