Sunday, April 17, 2005

OM Champions

"We are the champions, my friends..." - We are the Champions

OM has been the most tedious thing I've done so far but also definitely one of the most rewarding. Back then I was talking about all my SJAB profeciency badges being lost? Guess what? I don't really care much about that right now.

Let's talk about pre-OM first. On Thursday, I suddenly forgot to pass the SJAB Excuse Form to Ms. Tan Boon Chui. IOW, screwed for SJAB. On Friday, I decided to pass it to her since I had Psc Prac anyway. Then everyone in OM was excused from school. So I decide to put it on Kev Wong's table and write "Please pass to Ms. Tan Boon Chui. Thanks. Demelong" and I forget that Kev Wong wasn't at school. Oh well, I think, Boey sits next to him. Should be fine. NOT. Boey is an idiot and decides to put my nicely-filled out excuse form on my table. I = Screwed for SJAB. *sigh* I feel quite humiliated this is how I get AWOL for SJAB.

Anyway, back to nicer subjects.

For Spontaneous: Name a Silly Holiday and the Silly ways people celebrate it. For example, you might say "Today is Onion-cutting day where everyone just cries all day." Verbal Question (Isaac and Job sits out)

Order: Gideon, Kevin, Henry, Joshua, Watashi.

Gid: Bhangrah Day where everyone screws a lightbulb with one hand and pats a dog with the other.
Kev: Sunday, where people eat 10-tons of Ice-cream.
Josh: Saturday, where we sit around and go urrrrr.
Me: Vesak day, but no one actually knows what it meant anyway.
Gideon: Monday, where everyone goes "Heyman, whatchadoinman, etc"
Kev: Surprise Day, where everyone goes AROOOOOOOOOOOOOGA *Trademark line*
Henry: Pirate's Day, where everyone starts going "Pirates at 2 o'clock!" *Trademark line*
Josh: In reality, we don't know what Vesak day is, because Vesak! *Teamwork*
Me: In reality, on Pirate's Day, everyone goes around making Arrrr-rated jokes. *teamwork*

More memorable lines of the lot. We shoulda asked if we could continue. I bet we woulda trashed everyone very nicely if we could.

Long Term was even better. At 7 when we came, Ms. Loh and Mr. Quek were working on makeup for us. And also the hairdo. The hairdo looked pretty nice. I liked my first hairdo over my 2nd though. *Btw, this is the 2nd time in my life that I used hair gel. I wanna keep that figure low. 1st time was last year's GEP Enrichment camp.* Anyway. Just before the actual thing, I noticed my singlet was not in the box. I think wth. I say it to Henry, who thinks GREAT. He instantly checks the boxes and realizes there is an extra one in another box. I think phew. I check again. Turns out the 'extra singlet in another box' was in my box all along. I checked Isaac's by accident. Hehe, sorry Hen for working you up so much >_>

Apart from that, Job forgot that I only flip the backdrop when I come back. So he was like "The backdrop, Henry!" and Henry was like "Oh noez!" and I was like in front going "On the first day of Autumn a leaf fell on me..." And I came back and flipped the backdrop over. Tada, problem solved.

Overall the skit was? Perrrrrfect. Honestly. The only thing we need to do for the world finals is change the props to fit world-standard. Everything else is perfectly fine. =)

I'll kinda miss doing OM till 9pm in lieu of everything. Since I'll have to go back to 3rd lang again. *sigh* Oh well, on May 15th... =)

I wanna go back to focus on my studies again, but at this rate? Ouch, schoollife just hits back hard.

Other ACS(I) teams mostly did well for the competition. All teams got 1st except for Mrs. Sharon Woon's team. I pity that group, it was really unexpected. The day before their structure could hol dup to 80kg+ weight. On the actual day it collapsed at 30. Can you believe it? And they won Spontaneous and their skit was amazing too. Honestly, what a drag.

Aah, the nicest feeling was during the prize presentation. None of us had watched the Div 2 RGS team for our problem, so none of us knew how good they were. All we watched was the Div 3 RGS team, and they were amazing. What could we do but assume Div 2 was just as good as them? Good thing they weren't. =P Everyone in my team was so worried we'd lose *we didn't get tops for Spontaneous as we lost to Louistine by a few points hence we didn't know our positions* and we all thought we screwed up Spon as well, since well, all the teachers looked so emotionless and none laughed when we made good jokes. However, turns out they were so emotionless 'cause they were concentrating on whether to give us 3 or 5 marks. Lol. The irony, huh.

Anyway. We were all extremely worried, except me. I don't know why. I just felt really nonchalant towards the entire thing. That was on the outside. Inside I don't know, I must've subconsciously felt very nervous, since my pulse and heartbeat was the same as Henry's (he was darn nervous). We all jumped up in joy when we heard that we won. Even me. Man, I felt relieved. I don't know why, it was all so subconscious. Aah, that felt good though. Praise the lord. =)

One definite thing I learnt from OM though: PASTA GUNS ARE FUN!

To make a pasta gun:

Grab a piece of raw spaghetti.
Grab a piece of raw macaroni. Ideally not very curved. But not too straight either.
Push the spaghetti through the macaroni. If done correctly the bend in the macaroni causes the spaghetti to snap, and force it out. Tada, PASTA GUN! =)

Jarrel and I will soon go into taking a look at how Delay Shots are done (Enables really big bullets), and also what the ideal macaroni for distance is.

Kev hates us for overplaying around with it though >_>

No comments: