Friday, March 17, 2006

SJAB Camp

Sorry, been darn tired the previous days and couldn't blog.

SJAB Camp is definitely getting better-planned each year. Sec 1 SJAB Camp was unanimously known as a pain among everyone, and Sec 2 SJAB Camp was so slack it was seriously very o_Oish (I mean srsly most pushups for SBB was 100 o_O). This year's SJAB Camp had definitely been pulled off well; They got their priorities straight this time round IMO.

One of the things I liked in S3 SJAB Camp to S2 SJAB Camp was factions. Sure, they started out chaotic, a few things were rushed here and there, and admin problems keep happening because I keep disappearing off lists, but hey, it turns out to be a very good way of inculcating team bonding among people. I'm not sure if they intend to change factions each year, but if they don't it'd be good to see if they want to change banners/cheers/names. It's a simple way of seeing which bunks are bonded together and which aren't as much.

Another thing I liked: Little drill. Drill is seriously xi beh sian. Camp shouldn't involve drill so much, we do that enough during normal parades. Besides; it's too darn tiring for me to like doing drill alot during camp.

FA IS FINALLY BEING FOCUSED ON IN CAMP ZOMG. Last time I was talking to J.Ang, Swami and David Raj; D. Raj (Haha suddenly he sounds like a slacker) was talking about how Malaysian SJAB was nothing but first aid and was very bad. I said that at least that way SJAB fulfills its primary purpose in creating first aiders; J.Ang and Swami said that that way our drill would be pathetic, SJAB would be boring, and it'll be slack etc. I'll stick to my view, and I'm sure that it's possible to teach FA at a somewhat frequent rate (More than <1 per term that's for sure) without compromising on drill. Oh well, I think I get what Ben Tan means by politics, haha.

Edward is seriously like damn pro lah. I've no idea how he manages to be a paramedic and a student at the same time.

Obstacle course = teh fun
Watergames = Not very fun (Rules were a tad imposing, free for all ftw >_>)
Amazing Race = Good; though the trust fall was >_>
Nightingale = Didn't go
SBB = Didn't go; but heard it wasn't too killer nor too slack, =)
FA Lectures = Teh awesome
FA Test = Teh killer, AND SHEU ZHI BEAT ME >_>

Oh well, I wonder if we'll be able to have a SJAB Camp next year as good as this one, or even better XD

---------------------------------------------------

MEW was a rather new experience. NUS High people are truly geniuses; I have newfound respect for them after seeing what the average NUS High person is like.

BASIL >_>

Nevermind the mental trauma is pay enough. >_>

I wonder if I should be glad for Klow or sigh >_>

---------------------------------------------------

Melty Blood: Re-ACT Final Tuned is AWESOME. =) Srsly. Pity I'm like the only one who plays it >_>

I must learn how to aircombo with Arcueid, otherwise my favourite character isn't my best o_O And I haveta learn Shion for Story mode >_<

---------------------------------------------------

Just finished watching Kino no Tabi. It's such the nice show. It's also amusing how the worlds reflect our society at large in such an amusing way XD

But seriously, it's a nice and deceptively sweet show. One should watch it.

No comments: