Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Christmas

Look at Junction 8. Look at West Mall. Look at Takashimaya. What do all have in common? A big fat christmas tree taller than 2 stories. >_> What does that mean? It's time for consumerism and guilt to kick in. Just imagine a poster showing an NTUC Fairprice Cashier pointing at you and going "We want YOU to buy Christmas Presents from NTUC." a la Uncle Sam. Damn, I can just picture random Agent Bengs walking around in Takashimaya and injecting full syringes of Guilt Syrup making people feel bad about not buying enough gifts for their loved ones, not-so-loved ones, and despised ones. ph34r w1ff gr8 ph34r!

CHR157M4571M3 33Z H33R!!!!!!!!!!!! *DUN DUN DUN*

Ok, I'm kinda bored. >_>

And somewhat depressed too, since I don't actually have anyone to give Christmas gifts to, save you readers, and my classmates. Sure, that's quite a bit, but I don't actually give Christmas gifts to anyone save Gid (A few years back. Yu Min too.)

What makes this year worse than the past?

Neither Gwin, nor Matt, nor Mel will be here. DUN DUN DUN ph34r | w331 4n657z0rz d15 y33r >_>

But really, it's quite a depressing thing. >_>

But that's not the point, right.

Christmas marks the coming of another year. Ok, technically New Year's Eve does that, but Christmas foreshadows it.

Looking back, I've had an absolutely great class. But will I have such a good class next year? Probably not. Right now I'm not sure whether it was the right choice to go 3.9 instead of 3.10. But if my predictions are right, 3.10 will be THE Sec 3 GE class next year, just as 2.12 was this year. Not 3.9 and not 3.8. =\ Oh well.

In fact, I think I've more close friends in 3.10 than 3.9. Lemme count. >_>

3.9: Jarr, Kevins, Shaun, ZQ.
3.10: Gid, Mike, JY, SZ, WH.

o_O Ok, it's equal. But then there's another prob. I kinda tend to hang out with the more zany gang, and most of them are headed for 3.10 instead. Look JY, SZ, WH, Hen, Josh, etc. Says something, doesn't it? I probably can't live 3.9 through as I did 2.12. >_> AND I'm classchair too. Argh, I actually HAVE TO SET AN EXAMPLE >_<

But THAT'S not the point.

I really wonder about this year. Have I been a good vice-chair? Some say yes, I doubt their sanity. Have I been a good brother? Hmm >_> Have I been a good friend? Hmm >_> Have I been a good student to Ms. Lim Chiou Yan? Wu3 Ye4 Jing1 Ling2 >_> A good student in general? HMMM I WONDER >_>

Have I changed much this year? Definitely. In Desaru, when I beat Bryan and Sidhant so easily on my 1st try at the hotel miniarcade, I thought I was going to be the best among them. THEN SZ CAME. It was an eye-opener. >_> My pride has fallen BUT MY SPIRIT FOR FIGHTER GAMES HAS BEEN REKINDLED! Seriously. >_>

I have been opened to the sights of actual DDR that's not just Stepmania.
I've managed to ascend yet another level of Stepmania on the path to l33t Stepmania skillz >_>
I've been opened to the awesomeness that as Guilty Gear.
I've had the great experience of OM and widened my horizons to beyond Singapore. And I remember how much fun pin-trading was.
I've made many freindships and have understood that language barriers can be overcome, as has been proven in the International Youth Exchange in Hokkaido ~Yume Mintara~. Damn, that's one of the best things I've ever gone through, and IMO I preferred it to OM.
I've learnt this year that friendship > fun, and for myself I prefer serenity to hip stuff.
I've learnt that life loves to make fun of my NAPHA grades. >_>
I've learnt this year to be serious when I play games >_>
I've learnt that being a chairman isn't easy, and neither's being a prefect >_>
I've learnt that responsibility must actually be treated as responsibility >_>

And coming this Christmas, will come another year. I remember last year, when I was staring at the screen just a few days before 2005 started, I was writing "OWARANAI NO ASHITA HE!" I remember last year I still saw Melissa as Mera. Times sure have changed, haven't they? Just one year...

And every single year, such big changes take place. Why? Because each and every year is three hundred and sixty five days, give but not take one. And each of the 365 days is carefully spent with family, friends, self, and many other aspects of life. And each hour, each minute, each second, people change. And each year, people change. And eternally, people change. Indeed, change has so far been the only constant, and will be for far longer than any can estimate.

Quite sad, isn't it? Most of us would wish to stay as we are, forever. We're all afraid of change. I don't want to see my brother leave for NS. I don't want to change my class, nor my teacher. Selfish, but that's human nature! Yet as people vainly fight against change, some begin to understand and accept it, and that's what all of us kinda eventually do.

Haiz, yet here we all are, bound to the present with memories of the past and worries of the future. And that's not going to change much. Indeed, there's one thing to say to this.

Owaranai No Ashita He. =)

------------------------------------------------------------

=\ My posts have become rather incoherent lately and even more fragmentated than it used to. Guess the holidays do some stuff to your head, huh. =\

No comments: