Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Arcade Outing

*Warning zees post is not for the faint-hearted. Only the most dedicated of gamers get past this point. >_>*

Ok, this really isn't that gamer-intensive, but chances are that if you're not SZ, WH, Cleon or someone who knows quite a bit of GG + Bemani, then you won't get 9/10 of what I'm saying. The 1/10 is what's been said up to this point, in addition to all the generic statements I'll make here and there. >_>

Yesterday, I headed to Plaza Sing at 12pm. SZ said he was going at 12 something so I interpreted that as 12, and not the original 12.30-1pm meeting time. Well, that kinda meant I was there rather early. Me being me, I decided to head to Comics Connection first. Aeh, not much. The Kita He VCD is gone now. Why? Because I bought it <3. Then I head over to Star Factory first, since it's just one story up.

I enter. Whoa, the Maximum Tune machines are rather... vacant. Maybe it's because it's noon. Hey, Drummania V isn't switched on. o_O. Well, Drummania 11th Mix and Guitarfreaks 11th Mix (Is it 11th? I'm not sure =\) are on, so I guess there's something wrong with DMV. I go over to DDR Extreme. It's not on either o_O Ooook. I go over to the fighters. Aw, no one at all. This stinks. I head down many many escalators to Xzone.

I play a game of GGXX with Ky, And die just a stage before Sol. Wth. DEATH TO SLAYER?! Annoyed. I mean, damn. The computer's not supposed to do things like c.S c.S Dead on Time. =\ Geez. Oh well =
I look at the time. Wth? 12.45pm already? Oh dear. I head out of the arcade, and out of Dhoby Ghaut MRT. As I walk towards the PS Main entrance, I see an NPCC fella asking for donations. He asks me, and I think what the hey. I brought $26 in notes anyway, why not donate $2? So I donate two. I walk on, and I think "Hey, at least I won't have any other people asking me to donate."

How wrong I was. A person heads up to me and asks me to donate $10 dollars. Ouch, I think. But it's for homeless children, and I do it. So now I have donated almost 1/2 the money in my wallet to charity. While Kevin Wong's probably going to say that I'm some kind of nice person and all that, I've just learnt to donate, but not to the extent where you won't have cash in an emergency. Unfortunately I'm not kind, rather easily guilt-striken THANK YOU KEVIN WONG FOR INTRODUCING GUILT INTO MY SYSTEM DARN YOU. Now I'm left with $14.

So I continue on my way to the PS Main entrance. What perils next? Another Lv.5 NPCC "Plzdonate" Warrior (Subclass: Policeman), or a Lv.20 Warrior (Subclass: Guardian for homeless children) Pray tell I do not meet up with more dangerous warriors of the plzdonate class. What could be next?! A Lv.40 Thief (Subclass: Ripoff Salesman) ?! Oh dear, I've only $14 and I haven't even eaten lunch nor played arcade with SZ and Cleon yet!

Luckily the next part of my journey was safe. Hey, is that Bryan and Adwyn? I say hi to them. We talk a while, and Adwyn heads for Dhoby Ghaut MRT for home. Bryan decides to follow me around since Adwyn slept over the night before, and now he was headed home after lunch at PS. Bryan on the other hand still had time to spare so decided to wait for SZ and Cleon before heading to the arcade.

A Lv.15 Gamer (Subclass: DotA) has joined the party!

It's 12.45 and neither SZ nor Cleon have come yet, but I don't have Cleon's handphone number. So I decide to just call SZ.

..."Hello SZ? Where're you?"
...
..."Face it SZ, you're lost."
...
..."I don't think 162 comes to Plaza Sing, SZ."
...

Bryan laughs a bit, so do I. SZ has managed to get lost again. Well, who knows how he got here afterwards. o_O

We walk up towards Comics Connection, and discuss about what to get Wei Hua for his birthday present. Me being me, hath no money to buy Duel Masters Booster Packs because I hath donated 1/2 my wallet's money (In notes) to charity. Oh well. >_>

We walk down towards the main entrance, because that's where we were supposed to meet. Bryan talks about Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects. Doesn't sound too bad, but according to Bry it's damn imbalanced, so. =\

We reach the entrance after talking about Marvel Nemesis and a bit about Baby Loony Tunes (It's one of teh features there at PS) and look, it's Sheu Zhi!

Lv.20 Gamer (Subclass: GG) has joined the party!

SZ and Bryan talk about Marvel Nemesis for a while, and talk about Wink, whom according to Bryan has the coolest finisher.

Bry: "Wink etc"
SZ: "Winx?"
Bry: "No, not Winx. Wink!"
SZ: "Winx?"
Bry: "Argh nevermind. Anyway, wink is like..."
SZ: "Winx?"
Me: "o_O"

SZ: "Winx? Winx? Winx? Winx? Winx?..."
Bry: "Arghhhh"
Me: "o_O"

Me: "Hey look I hear children from the back, let's go check it out"
Bry: "o_O"
SZ: "Ok"

So we go check it out. Oo look, it's Snow White >_>

SZ: "*Eyes burn*"
Bry: "Arghhhhh"
Me: "o_O"

So we move back to the main entrance. Hey, why not move upstairs? So I start going towards the escalator. They follow because Bry will die if he heard "Winx" one more time.

Up the escalator, and we see Snow White again. Oo, look, Snow White's dancing to Hit Me Baby One More Time. >_>

WAIT A MINUTE. That's not right. o_O.

So we walk towards Star Factory, and I call Cleon using SZ's phone book (IOW his diary. >_>) and tell him to meet at Star Factory instead of the main entrance.

So we head to Star Factory, and Sheu Zhi buys tokens to own at GG. Bry and I buy some tokens too.

I go first and play Ky. SZ comes over, and plays Ky too. Wth o_O Oh dear I'm gonna die.

So I get owned by SZ. I fight him with other characters and die accordingly as well. =
Bryan comes and tries and gets owned as well. Somehow both of us can get him to pixelhealth before we die, at least once per fight. My Ky could do that to him =) Mostly because of the j.H Ride the Lightning though. o_O

I head over to look at DM 11th, and look for a while. I head back to GGXX, and hey, that's Cleon.

A Lv.15 Gamer (Subclass: Otaku) has joined your party!

We get bored because SZ is taking so long on GG.

SZ finally finishes beating I-No, and we head towards LJS for lunch. Lesson of the day: LJS has really good fish and really sucky sandwiches. Meh. =
Then we head off for X-Zone. And all the fun begins.

Right off the bat we move to the GGXX machine. There's a Slayer Player there. SZ thinks he Dandy Steps too much already, so he heads for the counter to top up his Tapz Card. I see him fight one round. Wth? This guy uses the exact same comboes SZ does. Got standard one leh. I tell that to SZ, then he says he Dandy Steps too much, can kena whack one. >_>

SZ fights him a number of times, and each time he loses 1-2 to teh Slayerplayer.

SZ: f.HS
Slayer: Dash behind throw
SZ: Quadslash Mappa Hunch RC s.HS Pilebunker
Slayer: FDs the Pilebunker
SZ: WTH o_O
Slayer: s.HS Crosswise Heel j.k j.p j.k jc j.k Direct Hit Dandy j.k j.p j.k jc j.k j.d Footloose Journey (IOW Bat-thing)
SZ: o_O
Me: Damn, that's alot of 1/2 life comboes going on around.

Eventually the guy decides to Destroy SZ when SZ's Slayer got Dizzied, and left to play something else. So I took over his Slayer, and fight against Cleon/Bryan (Both played on one side)'s Slayer. Whoa, I can actually do Crosswise Heel j.k j.p j.k jc j.k j.d o_O It's like darn easy on the arcade machine compared to my #R at home. =\ Maybe stick is better than keyboard for that o_O

The guy comes back and sees my Slayer play. Then he decides to challenge me. SZ asks me whether the guy was the same person, and I tell him yes, and let him take my place in teh Slayer v Slayer match.

Cleon meanwhile heads over to DMV to play some.

SZ loses 1-2 again, and realizes something is wrong. He watches him for one or two matches, and understands.

He picks Potemkin. And owns Slayer 2-0. I convey the news to Cleon, and he goes o_O.

I go back to the GGXX machine and see SZ fighting against Slayer, with Potemkin in the advantage.

Potemkin: j.D
Slayer: Dash back
Potemkin: POTEMKIN BUSTAAAAA! Whack (Not sure which it is) Heat Knuckle Extend! Whoa 1/2life combo
Slayer: Crosswise Heel!
Potemkin: COUNTER Gigantor GIGANTIC BILD! GG ownage o_O
Potemkin: POTEMKIN BUSTAAAA! POTEMKIN BUSTAAA! POTEMKIN BUSTAAAAAAAAA! GG ownage literally o_O

I go back to Cleon, and see him pass Timephase II and The Least 100 Seconds Basic Autobass. Damn, how DOES he do that =\ He finishes his game, and we head back to SZ.

SZ talks with the guy who beat him. His nick is Salad o_O. He said that SZ Potemkin Buster'd too much, and that's not going to work in GGXX Slash.

SZ: o_O!!!! Are you a Bugis Player?!
Salad: Yeah
SZ: *OMG I BEAT A BUGIS PRO YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!*

And SZ's fricking happy now. But wah, Salad's Slayer is like wth lar. It's even more pro than SZ's. I mean, HE CAN FD PILEBUNKER WTH o_O My bro better not learn that trick or my Slayer will kena >_> Then again I only do c.S c.S Mappa Hunch *Quadslash timing a bit teh dey leh so.*

We proceed to play some GG. And own. Quite a bit. The only person I lost to apart from SZ (Or SZ + Cleon in Isuka) was some Sol player. And my Slayer could take him on decently. Wth, Slayer's not even my best. >_> SZ GGowned him with Sol. Damn funny.

Sol: Dash in
SZ: Volcanic Viper!!! Dash towards guy while down
Sol: Tries to attack
SZ: VOLCANIC VIPER!!! Dash towards guy while down
Sol: Tries to attack
SZ: VOLCANIC VIPER!!! Dash towards guy while down
Sol: Tries to attack
SZ: VOLCANIC VIPER!!! Dash towards guy while down

Ok, maybe it's less repetitive than that. But wth Volcanic Viper is broken o_O And what's with that guy? Grand Viper RC is like worthless, especially for j.S j.HS Volcanic Viper o_O At least Gunflame Grand Viper RC j.S j.D Volcanic Viper wad, at least liddat can go around 150 or so. =\

Den we own some other people. SZ owned some Isuka Ky player and a Baiken player in addition to the Sol player, I owned a Chipp and a Dizzy player. Whee I can own people now not bad sia.

The guy runs away after being owned >_> And SZ continues and beats I-No again. SZ, Cleon and I take a look at some guy playing DDR. Not too good leh, playing Afronova Light and Paranoia Light. Summore got face problem one. =
Den got girls play as well. Wth play light only GO HOME LAR. jk but dun play barefeet leh, unbecoming. =
Den I play with SZ. Wah, I showoff with things like Paranoia Standard, Afronova Standard, Dynamite Rave Standard. Actually no lah, not that showoff. See that Ray person the last time. OMG teh prozorz lah, Barhug Extra Stage Maxx Unlimited A o_O

Then the DDR player playing teh Paranoia Light asks if he can team up with me coz he's not too used to some songs, so I say ok lor. >_>

Afronova Standard, Candy * Standard, Dynamite Rave Standard, Ever Snow Light (Kena too tired lol >_>), then Kakumei Heavy LAWL >_> (The guy also go wah o_O)

Den we watch some Drummania playing (Wah got pro leh can play 90s o_O) den Cleon comes to play once (after waiting a long time XD). Den o_O It's 6pm already, and we head back.

Damn, I felt quite happy after that. I bet SZ was damn shiok can beat Bugis player. Dude, cream of the crop yo. =)

Well, not much to say now. DDR made me quite tired and sneezy >_> So I skipped teh badminton outing on Wed, along with church choir. =
Oh well, 'twas well worth it =)

No comments: